Though they were the better side for the majority of the patch – Pirlo being Pirlo, 70% possession and 16 shots to just seven for Siena – Juventus was in danger of dropping points. Luckily for them, Claudio Marchisio continues to play at an unbelievable level. After a barrage of pressure was directed at the Robur goal, the hometown kid pounced on a loose ball and slotted it into the back of the net in the 85th minute. Champions do what champions do.
Posted by Devang Desai under Claudio Marchisio, Juventus, Serie A on Oct 07, 2012
Previous post Shearer courts Venky’s; this won’t end well
- Should Juventus sell Paul Pogba?
- The Counter Attack Podcast! Brazil’s dominance, England’s decision and Ozil’s rough 2014
- End of an era: Puyol will leave Barcelona at season’s end
- Bandini: Borini making good on early promise
- Sol Campbell’s thoughts on race reveal bigger issues in English football
- What would it look like if we applied football logic to the real world?
- Is Vincent Tan right in saying Malky Mackay was “lucky” at Cardiff?
- John Terry and why goals aren’t always the result of an ‘error’
- Could a legal challenge derail Financial Fair Play in England?
- Space Evaders: The big reason why Man United lost to Olympiacos