The African Cup Of Nations is underway. Two nil-nil draws capped an uninspiring opening to the tournament. Thankfully, Ghana and The Democratic Republic of the Congo have enlivened the proceedings. Four goals, including one from Juventus man Kwadwo Asamoah, led to a stalemate at Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium — Ghana squandered a two goal lead. DRC keeper Muteba Kidiaba was terrific, but this celebration takes the cake. Expect to see the bump and swish at all the hottest clubs next week.
Posted by Devang Desai under African Cup of Nations on Jan 20, 2013
- The Counter Attack Podcast! Wigan does it again, Arsenal’s trophy drought and Strootman’s sorrow
- Toni Kroos to Man United? Really? Some things you should know
- This weekend’s football explained in eight illuminating quotes
- Should Juventus sell Paul Pogba?
- The Counter Attack Podcast! Brazil’s dominance, England’s decision and Ozil’s rough 2014
- End of an era: Puyol will leave Barcelona at season’s end
- Bandini: Borini making good on early promise
- Sol Campbell’s thoughts on race reveal bigger issues in English football
- What would it look like if we applied football logic to the real world?
- Is Vincent Tan right in saying Malky Mackay was “lucky” at Cardiff?