Here it is! A new football podcast for your delectation. Richard Whittall joins Devang Desai to quickly discuss the highlights and lowlights of the football weekend, and Richard speaks with the Guardian Sport Editor Sean Ingle on his Guardian column on the rise of the technical scout in football analytics. We round out with the Score’s own Sean Keay to discuss Jonathan De Guzman’s hopefully final declaration for the Dutch national team, and what it means for Canadian soccer (if anything).
Posted by Devang Desai under Counter Attack Podcast on Jan 21, 2013
- Why Gary Neville’s take on simulation is just as moralistic as the anti-diving crowd
- Some brief thoughts on Daniel Gordon’s 30 for 30 doc, Hillsborough
- Financial Fair Play, analytics, and the basis of good decision-making in football
- Is it wise for Man United to break the bank on a star Bayern Munich midfielder?
- Eight cool things that happened in football this past weekend
- Five recent Champions League semis that were better than the final (or at least as good)
- What to expect in the Champions League semis
- Is Arjen Robben faster than human consciousness or should Man United have tracked him better?
- What’s wrong with Arsenal? Its players (allegedly) have a theory…
- How understanding Game State effect can help in the Champions League