Here it is! A new football podcast for your delectation. Richard Whittall joins Devang Desai to quickly discuss the highlights and lowlights of the football weekend, and Richard speaks with the Guardian Sport Editor Sean Ingle on his Guardian column on the rise of the technical scout in football analytics. We round out with the Score’s own Sean Keay to discuss Jonathan De Guzman’s hopefully final declaration for the Dutch national team, and what it means for Canadian soccer (if anything).
Posted by Devang Desai under Counter Attack Podcast on Jan 21, 2013
- The Skeptical Tactician: Why UEFA should offer a free, public, online course on tactical theory
- The Story So Far – Dec 12 Find out all the possible match-ups in Champions League round of 16
- Should English clubs charge journalists to speak with players and coaches?
- Horncastle: The story of the Italian player who turned down €200,000 and became a hero
- The Story So Far – Dec 11 Watch the Sneijder strike that sent Juve out of the Champions League
- The State of Analytics: Did David Moyes inherit a fundamentally flawed team from Alex Ferguson?
- The Story So Far – Dec 10 Decision Day: Which remaining teams will progress to the round of 16 in the Champions League?
- The Counter Attack Podcast – Episode 57!
- The Football So Far – Dec 9 Martinez further rubs Toffee in Moyes’ face, and the reason why United are poor this season
- What delighted/enraged you this weekend in the football?