It’s been a rough few decades for the Hatters. After being relegated from the top flight in 91-92, the club sank into the abyss. They rose to the fourth tier of English Football before being taken over by firebrand owner John Gurney. A series of managerial changes and trouble at the top culminated in the club entering administration in the latter part of the 07-08 season. Since then they’ve been in purgatory, competing in the lowly Conference National since 09-10. Today that didn’t matter. The ‘magic of the cup’ is a phrase scoffed at by the cynics, and justifiably so, but the scenes at Carrow Road indicate there’s some truth to the cliche. The Hatters are in the fifth round of the FA Cup. How bout that.
Posted by Devang Desai under FA Cup on Jan 26, 2013
- Report: Barcelona and Real Madrid submit offers for Neymar
- Dean-Richards: Dortmund’s value not measured in trophies, but in the transfer market price of its players
- Friday Football Predictions: One Game To Go
- Video: A serviceable Juergen Klopp impression
- Your Official Guide to the Champions League Final Guides
- Broken News: Rafa Benitez to take over at Napoli
- Broken News: Inter sack Andrea Stramaccioni
- How Will They Line Up? Champions League Final
- The Story So Far – May 24th Trophies are nice, but a good football process wins more in the long-term
- The Counter Attack Podcast – Episode 22!