Near Rustenburg, in Phokeng to be exact. Emmanuel Adebayor’s goal in the 32nd minute was going to hold up. With the victory, the Togolese would draw level with Tunisia on three points, the latter lost to Côte d’Ivoire earlier today. Anyways the net flat out broke late in the game. The delay lasted about ten minutes before play resumed. Togo added a second in injury time.
- Why Gary Neville’s take on simulation is just as moralistic as the anti-diving crowd
- Some brief thoughts on Daniel Gordon’s 30 for 30 doc, Hillsborough
- Financial Fair Play, analytics, and the basis of good decision-making in football
- Is it wise for Man United to break the bank on a star Bayern Munich midfielder?
- Eight cool things that happened in football this past weekend
- Five recent Champions League semis that were better than the final (or at least as good)
- What to expect in the Champions League semis
- Is Arjen Robben faster than human consciousness or should Man United have tracked him better?
- What’s wrong with Arsenal? Its players (allegedly) have a theory…
- How understanding Game State effect can help in the Champions League