Every pilot needs their second episode, the one with new writers and an entirely different plot. This wasn’t that. Richard Whittall joins Devang Desai to round up the highlights and lowlights of the week, and then Richard speaks with Inside Minnesota Soccer alumnus Brian Quarstad about the recent MLS/USL Pro affiliation scheme. We round out with a discussion with Sean Keay on what the deal is with all those damn FA Cup upsets this week. Enjoy!
Posted by Richard Whittall under Counter Attack Podcast on Jan 28, 2013
- Why Gary Neville’s take on simulation is just as moralistic as the anti-diving crowd
- Some brief thoughts on Daniel Gordon’s 30 for 30 doc, Hillsborough
- Financial Fair Play, analytics, and the basis of good decision-making in football
- Is it wise for Man United to break the bank on a star Bayern Munich midfielder?
- Eight cool things that happened in football this past weekend
- Five recent Champions League semis that were better than the final (or at least as good)
- What to expect in the Champions League semis
- Is Arjen Robben faster than human consciousness or should Man United have tracked him better?
- What’s wrong with Arsenal? Its players (allegedly) have a theory…
- How understanding Game State effect can help in the Champions League