Jonathan Pitroipa has put Burkina Faso through to the semi finals with an injury time header against Togo. Pitroipa, BF’s Messi, connected on Charles Kabore corner just before the end of the first period of extra time. It’s the second time Burkina Faso has made the last four –they made it in 1998 as well. Sidenote: the pitch in Nelspruit could use some work.
- Why Gary Neville’s take on simulation is just as moralistic as the anti-diving crowd
- Some brief thoughts on Daniel Gordon’s 30 for 30 doc, Hillsborough
- Financial Fair Play, analytics, and the basis of good decision-making in football
- Is it wise for Man United to break the bank on a star Bayern Munich midfielder?
- Eight cool things that happened in football this past weekend
- Five recent Champions League semis that were better than the final (or at least as good)
- What to expect in the Champions League semis
- Is Arjen Robben faster than human consciousness or should Man United have tracked him better?
- What’s wrong with Arsenal? Its players (allegedly) have a theory…
- How understanding Game State effect can help in the Champions League