Jonathan Pitroipa has put Burkina Faso through to the semi finals with an injury time header against Togo. Pitroipa, BF’s Messi, connected on Charles Kabore corner just before the end of the first period of extra time. It’s the second time Burkina Faso has made the last four –they made it in 1998 as well. Sidenote: the pitch in Nelspruit could use some work.
- Why Arjen Robben the Diver is the same person as Arjen Robben the Elite Footballer
- Why there is no such thing as ‘stats vs intuition’ in football
- Is MLS really more popular than baseball with America’s teenagers?
- The Counter Attack Podcast! Wigan does it again, Arsenal’s trophy drought and Strootman’s sorrow
- Toni Kroos to Man United? Really? Some things you should know
- This weekend’s football explained in eight illuminating quotes
- Should Juventus sell Paul Pogba?
- The Counter Attack Podcast! Brazil’s dominance, England’s decision and Ozil’s rough 2014
- End of an era: Puyol will leave Barcelona at season’s end
- Bandini: Borini making good on early promise