Richard Whittall and Devang Desai run down the highlights and lowlights of the week, from Balo to brawls. Richard interviews Simon Gleave, head of analysis at InfoStrada Sports, about an exciting new media project he’s working on, plus the origin of his blog name. We end the podcast with Sean Keay filling out our Three Man Independent Panel, discussing match-fixing and what, if anything, we can do about it.
Posted by Richard Whittall under Counter Attack Podcast on Feb 04, 2013
- Why Gary Neville’s take on simulation is just as moralistic as the anti-diving crowd
- Some brief thoughts on Daniel Gordon’s 30 for 30 doc, Hillsborough
- Financial Fair Play, analytics, and the basis of good decision-making in football
- Is it wise for Man United to break the bank on a star Bayern Munich midfielder?
- Eight cool things that happened in football this past weekend
- Five recent Champions League semis that were better than the final (or at least as good)
- What to expect in the Champions League semis
- Is Arjen Robben faster than human consciousness or should Man United have tracked him better?
- What’s wrong with Arsenal? Its players (allegedly) have a theory…
- How understanding Game State effect can help in the Champions League