Richard Whittall and Devang Desai run down the highlights and lowlights of the week, from Balo to brawls. Richard interviews Simon Gleave, head of analysis at InfoStrada Sports, about an exciting new media project he’s working on, plus the origin of his blog name. We end the podcast with Sean Keay filling out our Three Man Independent Panel, discussing match-fixing and what, if anything, we can do about it.
Posted by Richard Whittall under Counter Attack Podcast on Feb 04, 2013
- Liverpool should not miss the warning signs, even if they win the Premier League trophy this season
- Why Man United should avoid looking for “the next Ferguson”
- Why David Moyes’ (probable) sacking as Man United manager was more than 11 months in the making
- The Counter Attack Podcast! Moyes will get fired according to reports
- Bandini: Despite Courtois mania, Chelsea’s No. 1 isn’t planning to ‘Cech out’ just yet
- 8 cool things about this past weekend in football
- Why Gary Neville’s take on simulation is just as moralistic as the anti-diving crowd
- Some brief thoughts on Daniel Gordon’s 30 for 30 doc, Hillsborough
- Financial Fair Play, analytics, and the basis of good decision-making in football
- Is it wise for Man United to break the bank on a star Bayern Munich midfielder?