So often in football I read about these incidents and think, “Whatever, I didn’t see the game.” Well, this time I DID see the game. And as with almost everyone I missed the elbow to the face that started it all. I can tell you though this was kind of a scrappy match: tackles that didn’t look purposefully malicious but indicated a moral depravity somewhere in the works. PSV is in first place in the Eredivisie, two points ahead of Ajax and now three in front of Feyenoord. There will be blood.
Posted by Richard Whittall under Feyenoord, PSV Eindhoven on Feb 25, 2013
- Is MLS really more popular than baseball with America’s teenagers?
- The Counter Attack Podcast! Wigan does it again, Arsenal’s trophy drought and Strootman’s sorrow
- Toni Kroos to Man United? Really? Some things you should know
- This weekend’s football explained in eight illuminating quotes
- Should Juventus sell Paul Pogba?
- The Counter Attack Podcast! Brazil’s dominance, England’s decision and Ozil’s rough 2014
- End of an era: Puyol will leave Barcelona at season’s end
- Bandini: Borini making good on early promise
- Sol Campbell’s thoughts on race reveal bigger issues in English football
- What would it look like if we applied football logic to the real world?