So often in football I read about these incidents and think, “Whatever, I didn’t see the game.” Well, this time I DID see the game. And as with almost everyone I missed the elbow to the face that started it all. I can tell you though this was kind of a scrappy match: tackles that didn’t look purposefully malicious but indicated a moral depravity somewhere in the works. PSV is in first place in the Eredivisie, two points ahead of Ajax and now three in front of Feyenoord. There will be blood.
Posted by Richard Whittall under Feyenoord, PSV Eindhoven on Feb 25, 2013
- What delighted/enraged you this weekend in the football?
- The Counter Attack Podcast – Episode 56!
- Blatter’s violent mic-grabs, a dancing armadillo, and a bad day for England and the USA—How the World Cup Draw Unfolded
- The Story So Far – Dec 6 Ready! Set! DRAW! theScore has you covered for the World Cup draw today…
- Bandini: Meet the young players with Juventus’ future at their feet
- The Skeptical Tactician: Trigger Happy? Why Spurs are struggling to score…
- The Story So Far – Dec 5 Guess which paper turned on Moyes after historic 0-1 loss to Everton…
- Football Finance: TV is in decline, the Premier League isn’t immune, the party could be over in the next decade or so…
- The Story So Far – Dec 4 World Cup pots explained, and World Cup ball revealed!
- The State of Analytics: The Numbers Fame—Is football analytics ready for Prime Time?