Number 225. With this goal against Genoa, Francesco Totti joins Gunnar Nordahl as the second all time goal scorer in the history of Serie A. Totti has broken double figures 13 times in 20 seasons, a testament to his consistency. The play that set up the penalty was dubious but that’s how it goes sometimes. Take a bow Francesco.
Posted by Devang Desai under Francesco Totti, Roma, Serie A on Mar 03, 2013
- Should Juventus sell Paul Pogba?
- The Counter Attack Podcast! Brazil’s dominance, England’s decision and Ozil’s rough 2014
- End of an era: Puyol will leave Barcelona at season’s end
- Bandini: Borini making good on early promise
- Sol Campbell’s thoughts on race reveal bigger issues in English football
- What would it look like if we applied football logic to the real world?
- Is Vincent Tan right in saying Malky Mackay was “lucky” at Cardiff?
- John Terry and why goals aren’t always the result of an ‘error’
- Could a legal challenge derail Financial Fair Play in England?
- Space Evaders: The big reason why Man United lost to Olympiacos