We’ve been a little Beckham heavy in these parts over the last week. You can read about him here, here, here and here. Beckham–who wore the captain’s armband–probably played his last professional game today, as PSG defeated Brest 3-1 at the Parc Des Princes. Paris St.Germain have one more Ligue 1 game remaining, but Beckham’s teary exit after he was substituted with 10 minutes to play indicates this was probably it.
Previous post Roberto Mancini thanks Manchester City’s fans
- Why Gary Neville’s take on simulation is just as moralistic as the anti-diving crowd
- Some brief thoughts on Daniel Gordon’s 30 for 30 doc, Hillsborough
- Financial Fair Play, analytics, and the basis of good decision-making in football
- Is it wise for Man United to break the bank on a star Bayern Munich midfielder?
- Eight cool things that happened in football this past weekend
- Five recent Champions League semis that were better than the final (or at least as good)
- What to expect in the Champions League semis
- Is Arjen Robben faster than human consciousness or should Man United have tracked him better?
- What’s wrong with Arsenal? Its players (allegedly) have a theory…
- How understanding Game State effect can help in the Champions League