Holy shit, it’s finally almost fucking here!
I literally worried, back after The Trade went down in mid-November, that I’d be struck down before getting a chance to see what will transpire tomorrow, as this revamped Jays roster finally take the field, because… well, apart from being fortunate enough to have little of actual consequence to worry about, holyfuckingawesome the Jays, by most measures, are the favourites in the American League East– and perhaps the American League as a whole! All these years of misery and stupendous September boredom– and I’ve only been obsessively covering the previous six of them!– seem on their way to finally being a thing of the past.
But, of course, they have to play the games. And before that, we’ll have all kinds of good stuff coming at you.
- I’ll be appearing on CBC Radio’s Metro Morning tomorrow, but not as early as originally thought. I’m now scheduled to be in studio at 7:40 AM ET, and you can catch me live via their website, or on CBC Radio 1, 99.1 FM in Toronto.
- Once that wraps up I’ll head back to palatial Score Towers where I’ll prepare to get a little slice of non-boilerplate regarding tomorrow’s starting pitcher up on the site, which should be there around nine.
- Following that I’ll be working on taking a tool around the Jays’ roster situation now that we actually, y’know, know what it’s going to look like– though I probably won’t post it too quickly because…
- At 10:30 AM we record the Tuesday edition of the now-daily Getting Blanked Podcast, which won’t be cut and posted until the afternoon, but as soon as it does, you’ll be able to find it at Getting Blanked on iTunes, via the RSS feed we have setup, or you can always like Getting Blanked on Facebook in order to get each day’s podcast straight into your news feed.
- Once out of the podcasting studio I’ll finish up the roster look, in order to have it posted before noon, for your lunchtime perusal.
- Next up, sometime in the early afternoon, will be the Daily Duce, which will not include the podcast link– I’m not going to bother double-posting it this year, but don’t worry about missing out, because I’ll be sure to push you in the direction of Getting Blanked, and all the other methods of downloading it as well– but it will bring you all the latest news, notes and articles on the Jays as the witching hour approaches.
- Following that, and perchaps a bit of punch and pie, it’ll be time to sit down and record the 2013 regular season’s first DJF Podcast (aka, as I think I decided right now and will probably later regret, the PoDJFcast). It, of course, has its own set of iTunes pages, RSS feeds, and hot Facebook injections for you to subscribe to and/or like and/or… uh… cover yourself in?
- As the podcast is being cut together, I’ll get a wicked-early start on the evening’s Game Threat– shit, we already know what the lineups are going to be, so I could probably be doing it right now, rather than wasting my time on this– with the aim of having it posted with plenty of time to spare to find a place to imbibe several delicious beverages, before heading to the ‘Dome and watching the everloving shit out of Jose Reyes and R.A. Dickey.
Aaaaaand… that’s pretty much it. It’s possible something will happen during the game that I feel compelled to stumble back to my desk and write about, but like hell I’m going to make that kind of commitment here and now. Frankly, posting some vague semblance of schedule is commitment enough, where I come from. But… whatever. That’s what the plan is looking like right now, so be sure to keep checking back all day tomorrow, as we drop distraction bombs on your shithearts, feeding content to choke back the unceasing geyser of overdue, genuine fucking real-season not-kidding-yourself-this-time anticipation rising within you.
It’s baseball season.
Image via Dignity’s widow.