|Reyes – SS||0.40||-0.040|
|Cabrera – LF||0.40||-0.006|
|Davis – LF||0.25||-0.015|
|Bautista – RF||0.27||-0.034|
|Encarnacion – 1B||0.21||-0.011|
|Lind – DH||0.23||-0.012||Pitcher||pLI||WPA|
|Rasmus – CF||0.23||0.029||Johnson – SP||0.54||-0.383|
|Izturis – 2B||0.40||-0.030||Perez – RP||0.12||0.019|
|Arencibia – C||0.27||-0.020||Santos – RP||0.04||-0.001|
|Lawrie – 3B||0.19||0.004||Oliver – RP||0.01||0.000|
Bests / Worsts of the game after the jump!
GBOOT: Colby Rasmus, 2.9%
Griffin: Josh Johnson, -38.3%
Impact At-Bat: Rasmus Double, Top 5, 2.9%
Impact Pitch: Mark Trumbo 2-Run Home Run, Bot 1, -15.9%
Highest Leverage AB: Jose Reyes Groundout, Top 1, 0.87
Highest Leverage Opp. AB: Mike Trout Flyout, Bot 1, 1.46
Lineup Contribution: 13.5%
Pitching Contribution: 36.5%
Average Leverage Index: 0.29
- Josh Johnson’s line: 2.1ip, 10h, 6er, 7r, 2bb, 1k, 1hr, 67 pitches, 4 swinging strikes, 10 game score, 10.33FIP.
- Garrett Richard’s line: 7.0ip, 4h, 2er, 4k, 2bb, 90 pitches, 8 swinging strikes, 63 game score, 2.76FIP.
- Josh Johnson is pitching really, really poorly right now. The man with a career 3.37ERA is currently sporting a 6.60 with a 1.68 WHIP. He’s taken the loss in 6 straight starts and failed to get out of the 3rd inning for the second time in three games. It was 7-0 by the time he left the game, where the bullpen picked things up by allowing 2 hits and 3 walks over the rest of the game.
- Sergio Santos pitched for the first time since April 13th, marking the first time he’d pitched in a month that wasn’t April since he signed the 3-year, $8.25M contract. He pitched two innings, working a perfect 6th inning before giving up a lead-off triple top open the 7th.
- Mark Trumbo scored on the error we saw giffed above, and it will probably be your last memory of Melky for a little bit.
Blue Jays DL Cabrera (left knee strain), recall Wagner
— Blue Jays-Official (@BlueJays) August 2, 2013
- Colby Rasmus and Brett Lawrie both recorded a pair of hits, with Encarnacion and Lind adding the only two other Jays knocks.
- The highest leverage at-bats for both teams occurred in the 1st inning, so if you went to bed at 10:30 EST you saw all you need to know.
- What else is there to say really? Just another right cross launched into the stomach of the horse that has been laying still for weeks now.
- There’s even a picture of Jose Reyes not smiling out there. All hope is lost.
- The (50-58) Jays drop Game 1 of the series, and get their shot at Game 2 tonight at 10:05pm EST.
- The projected matchup is Todd Redmond (4.95FIP, 0.1fWAR) vs Tommy Hanson (4.60FIP, 0.4fWAR)