|Reyes – SS||1.87||0.164|
|Davis – LF||1.41||-0.160|
|Bautista – RF||0.78||0.030|
|Encarnacion – DH||1.92||0.087|
|Lind – 1B||1.82||-0.082|
|DeRosa – PH / 1B||5.91||0.355|
|Rasmus – CF||1.14||-0.102|
|Izturis – 2B||1.19||-0.113||Pitcher||pLI||WPA|
|Lawrie – 3B||0.85||0.265||Dickey – SP||1.20||0.139|
|Thole – C||1.46||-0.148||Loup – RP||0.45||0.011|
|Arencibia – PH / C||0.28||-0.007||Janssen – RP||0.87||0.060|
Bests / Worsts of the game after the jump!
GBOOT: Mark DeRosa, 35.5%
Griffin: Rajai Davis, -16.0%
Impact At-Bat: DeRosa 2-Run Single, Top 8, 35.5%
Impact Pitch: Justin Smoak Home Run, Bot 7, -24.8%
Highest Leverage AB: DeRosa 2-Run Single, Top 8, 5.91
Highest Leverage Opp. AB: Kyle Seager Flyout, Bot 5, 2.75
Lineup Contribution: 29.1%
Pitching Contribution: 20.9%
Average Leverage Index: 1.32
- R.A. Dickey’s line: 7.2ip, 8h, 1er, 2bb, 5k, 1hr, 104 pitches, 14 swinging strikes, 62 game score, 4.21FIP.
- Hisashi Iwakuma’s line: 7.1ip, 4h, 2er, 2k, 3bb, 102 pitches, 8 swinging strikes, 61 game score, 3.72FIP.
- The Dickster pitched into the 8th inning for the first time since June 26th. He scattered 8 hits over the night, only getting really hurt on Justin Smoak’s lead-off home run in the 7th inning. It looked like there might be more of what we’re used to in the 1st inning when a dropped 3rd strike put two on with two out. After a smooth 2nd inning, Humberto Quintero lead off the 3rd with a ground rule double, but Dickey managed to get an inning-ending double play to escape trouble. He got another one in the the 7th to escape having runners on the corners. Dickey has allowed just one earned run in his last two starts, both of which came on the road.
- Aaron Loup recorded the 3rd out of the 8th and Casey Janssen got three straight ground outs to first to pick up his 20th save.
- The Jays struggled to get the offense in gear early, failing to get any real threat going until the 8th. Brett Lawrie lead off the inning with a triple and was driven in by a solid Jose Reyes shot up the middle. Three batters later True Blue Jay Mark DeRosa ripped a bases loaded single into left to score Reyes and Bautista and give the Jays a two run lead.
- Lawrie was zoned in all night, notching three hits including a triple and a double, all 3 to the opposite field. He’s hit .278 since returning from the DL and has hits in 8 straight games, including five extra base hits. He’s raised his average 16 points in the last week.
- Jose Bautista recorded an error in the 7th on a poorly played ball right after the Smoak HR, but a double play erased the bad karma that loomed.
- The gif above is doubly adorable and entertaining when you remember Lawrie tripping over Dickey last week. Hugs and laughter abounded afterwards.
- 7 hits for the Jays, including a pair from Reyes. Edwin Encarnacion drew 3 walks.
- 32,000+ were in attendance at Safeco, and in line with Dave’s post yesterday the majority of them were loud and excited Jays fans that appeared to be having an awesome time.
- The (52-60) Jays win Game 1 of the series, and Game 2 is tonight at 10:10pm EST.
- The projected matchup is Josh Johnson (4.77FIP, 0.4fWAR) vs Felix Hernandez (2.44FIP, 4.9fWAR). Oh.