|Reyes – SS||0.97||-0.053|
|DeRosa – 2B||1.35||-0.107|
|Davis – RF/CF||1.22||-0.025|
|Encarnacion – DH||0.90||-0.089|
|Lind – 1B||1.10||-0.021|
|Lawrie – 3B||1.37||-0.031|
|Thole – C||1.56||0.040|
|Pillar – LF||1.33||-0.010|
|Gose – CF||1.19||-0.060|
|Sierra – PH/RF||2.74||0.013||Pitcher||pLI||WPA|
|Kawasaki – 2B/SS||1.85||-0.056||Dickey – SP||1.16||-0.101|
Bests / Worsts of the game after the jump!
GBOOT: Josh Thole, 4.0%
Griffin: Mark DeRosa, -10.7%
Impact At-Bat: Jose Thole Solo Home Run, Top 4, 12.3%
Impact Pitch: Alfonso Soriano 2-Run Home Run, Bot 8, -37.7%
Highest Leverage AB: Munenori Kawasaki Flyout, Top 8, 3.52
Highest Leverage Opp. AB: Austin Romine Sac Fly, Bot 2, 2.02
Lineup Contribution: -39.9%
Pitching Contribution: -10.1%
Average Leverage Index: 1.42
- R.A Dickey’s line: 8ip, 6h, 4er, 2bb, 1hr, 9k, 122 pitches, 13 swinging strikes, 61 game score, 3.53 FIP.
- Adam Warren’s line: 3.0ip, 4h, 2er, 2bb, 4k, 61 pitches, 5 swinging strikes, 45 game score, 7.70 FIP.
- The Dickster battled through a complete game effort, putting runners in scoring position in each of the first three innings. He escaped trouble in the first and gave up single runs in the 2nd and 3rd innings, putting the Jays behind. He eased into the middle 3 innings, getting back into trouble in the tied 8th inning before giving up the game-winning 2-run shot to Alfonso Soriano.
- The Jays took the lead in the 2nd on the strength of a Munenori Kawasaki single that brought in Anthony Gose.
- Josh Thole (1) hit a solo shot to lead off the 4th, tying the game at 2.
- Adam Warren worked just over 3 innings, surrendering a few nicks and cuts before David Huff through 5 innings of 1 hit baseball, scattering 4 walks. Mariano close the game out for his 37th save. Rivera recorded a -0.97 FIP in the game.
- In the 1st inning Ichiro! hit a single to left, his 4,000th professional hit when you combine his time in Japan and MLB. There was a nice cap doffing and some applause for the genuinely likeable Ichiro.
- The Jays drew 6 walks and had 6 hits, leaving 10 men on base and hitting 1-f0r-6 w/ RISP.
- Jose Reyes was ejected in the top of the 2nd for arguing balls and strikes and throwing his helmet in the direction of home plate umpire Ted Barrett
- Just… look at the names in that Jays lineup.
- Moises Sierra pinch-hit for Gose in the 8th and was intentionally walked. He ended with the second highest WPA of the game for the Jays.
- DeRosa and Reyes were the only two Jays to not get on base, splitting the honor at the top of the lineup.
- 35 games left.
- The (57-70) Jays look to avoid the sweep at the New Yankee Stadium at 1:05pm EST.
- The 2012 Miami Marlins were also 57-70 through 127 games.
- The projected match-up is J.A. Happ (4.09FIP, 0.7fWAR) vs Andy Pettitte (3.79FIP, 2.1fWAR). God, I hate Andy Pettitte.