We here at theScore have all consoles, and each has their positives and negatives. This post is in no way trying to deter your choice on which system to buy, but Microsoft just released a ton of news about their upcoming console, and most of the news is bad. Here’s the concerning news:
- The Xbox One will need to be connected to the internet every 24 hours when you’re playing on your home console.
- The Xbox One will need to be connected to the internet every hour if you’re accessing your digital library on somebody else’s control
- Offline gaming is not possible after these times until you re-establish an internet connection. But you can watch Blu-rays
- You are allowed to buy used games at “participating retailers”, but only if the game publisher will allow it
- Xbox Kinect is allowed to be turned off, after fears of it always having to be on surfaced
This is really shitty is for a) gamers that don’t have a constant connection b) gamers who rely on used games due to personal finances and c) what the hell happens if the Microsoft servers have issues? Is your system locked out?