This week, we take a look at the top 50-rated players in the upcoming NHL 14 for XBOX 360 and PS3. As we get set for release date (September 10), EA Sports did us a solid and provided us with an exclusive look at the top rated players in this year’s game. Each day this week at 1:00pm, we’ll be releasing 10 names, starting from 50, and winding down to the top spot on Friday. Here we go:
50. Dan Girardi (NYR) – OVR 88
49. Jakub Voracek (PHI) – OVR 88
48. Max Pacioretty (MTL) – OVR 88
47. Dustin Byfuglien (WPG) – OVR 88
46. Drew Doughty (LAK) – OVR 88
45. Patrick Sharp (CHI) – OVR 88
44. Jamie Benn (DAL) – OVR 88
43. Ryan Getzlaf (ANA) – OVR 88
42. Jeff Carter (LAK) – OVR 88
41. Eric Staal (CAR) – OVR 88
Check back tomorrow at 1:00pm as we look through 40-31 of NHL 14’s top rated players. And while you’re at it, be sure to download the NHL 14 demo for your XBOX and PS3:
When my coworker first sent me this video, I assumed it would be some footage from back in the day of Mike Tyson playing his own video game. But it’s not. This is 2013. Enjoy, my friends.
If you’re into the ever so popular FIFA Ultimate Team mode (on the XBOX 360), here’s some good news for you: soccer legends are coming to FUT. A full list will be announced later today (10am ET), but right now Freddie Ljunberg, Ruud Gullit and Dennis Bergkamp have been confirmed as addable players. Players will be randomly inserted into FUT Gold Packs starting at the launch of Xbox One. Watch the trailer above.
Update (11:30AM ET): Here’s the full list of FUT Legends making their appearance in FIFA 14:
|Frank de Boer
||Marco van Basten
||Edwin van der Sar
||Ruud van Nistelrooy
Here you go! FIFA 14 demo comes out on September 10th worldwide on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. Game is out on September 24th.
The NHL 14 demo releases today. As of 6:30AM ET this morning, it’s only available for XBOX Live Gold members. PS3 users will probably be able to access it later today. Here’s the link to queue up the download for XBOX users.
And some more info from EA Sports regarding features included in the demo:
- Play Now: Powered by a generation of EA SPORTS innovation, NHL 14 is hockey at its best. In the NHL 14 demo, players jump into the third period of a game and play as either the Boston Bruins or the Chicago Blackhawks to experience the speed, skill and aggression of the two teams from the 2013 Stanley Cup® Finals.
- NHL 94 Anniversary Mode: EA SPORTS celebrates the most iconic entry in the NHL franchise with the inclusion of NHL 94 Anniversary Mode. In the NHL 14 demo, players will have a chance to experience a heated third period between the Boston Bruins and the Chicago Blackhawks in the NHL 94 Anniversary Mode. Featuring big goals and even bigger hits, the mode offers nods to its hockey video gaming roots through classic button controls, a retro presentation style including blue ice, classic star-shaped player indicators, organ music and much more.
- Hockey Ultimate Team Tournament: Build, manage and compete in Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) to create a fantasy team without boundaries. HUT in NHL 14 introduces all new features including online seasons and an auction assistant. In the NHL 14 demo, take part in a mini tournament against the Halifax Mooseheads, Grand Rapids Griffins, Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks. When players complete their first HUT game in the demo, they will receive one free pack (equivalent value to Silver Pack). When players win the tournament, they will receive an additional free pack (equivalent value to Silver Pack). All free packs are for use in the retail version of NHL 14 only.
Some Madden 25 ratings got released, and while it’s only on the offensive side of the ball, we get to see who’s the best at their respective position. Here’s the full breakdown:
- Aaron Rodgers (98 OVR)
- Tom Brady (97 OVR)
- Peyton Manning (97 OVR)
- Drew Brees (96 ovr)
- Matt Ryan (94 ovr)
- Adrian Peterson (99 OVR)
- Marshawn Lynch (96 OVR)
- Arian Foster (95 OVR)
- Ray Rice (94 OVR)
- Jamaal Charles (94 OVR)
- Calvin Johnson Jr. (99 OVR)
- Rob Gronkowski (98 OVR)
- Andre Johnson (97 OVR)
- Jason Witten (96 OVR)
- Jimmy Graham (96 OVR)
- Evan Mathis (98 OVR)
- Joe Thomas (97 OVR)
- Marshal Yanda (97 OVR)
- Josh Sitton (96 OVR)
- Joe Staley (96 OVR)
The 2K team released this list, highlighting all of the features in the upcoming NBA 2K14. Here we go:
- Crews: The single-most requested game mode is back! Face off against opposing crews online using your MyPLAYER. Create your logo and face off in 5v5 battles with other crews featuring leaderboards and stats. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only)
- Euroleague: Exclusive to NBA 2K14 – play with 14 of the top European teams, featuring authentic uniforms and players.
- Dynamic Living Rosters® powered by Stats, Inc.: Player attributes and tendencies automatically update daily to reflect true life hot and cold streaks. Now, each game played in the NBA can have an effect on your game.
- King James Soundtrack: Featuring artists and tracks hand-picked by LeBron James, including JAY Z, Eminem, The Black Keys, Daft Punk, and many more.
- MyTEAM: Back and better than ever, with new player modes, multi and single player tournaments, and much more. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only)
Key Gameplay Features:
- Pro Stick™: Throw down show-stopping moves, pull off intricate shots, and toss flashy no-look passes with deadly accuracy with Pro Stick control. Easily the most intuitive basketball controls ever implemented.
- 2K Smart Play Button: Quickly call the most suitable play for the context of the game by simply holding a single button.
- Improved Player Motion System: With an all new motion system, player movement is much smoother on both ends of the floor, while also allowing for much more explosive cuts and tighter control.
- Depth of Content: With significant upgrades in nearly every aspect of the game, both on and off the court, NBA 2K14 boasts more animation content than any previous basketball title, and includes more than 3000 new animations.
General Gameplay Improvements:
- Signature Skills: Six new Signature Skills, ensuring each NBA player’s unique abilities are represented in the most authentic way possible.
- Playbook and Play System enhancements: The deepest and most authentic playbook gets even deeper. Execute new half-court sets, experience improved spacing logic, and run updated team specific plays.
- More Signature Styles: New jump shots, dunk and layup packages, dribble moves, free throws, pre-game intros, getbacks, celebrations and more.
Offensive Control Improvements:
- Shot System Upgrades: More realistic footwork on jump shots, improved awareness in shot selection, and a variety of new shot types. Whether you use the new intuitive Pro Stick™ or the enhanced Smart Shot Button, attacking the rim is now more exciting than ever.
- Dribbling Advancements: Upgraded dribble movement and new branching technology give you much greater 1-to-1 control over the ball handler.
- Enhanced Passing: More accurate pass targeting, new give and go mechanics, better handoffs, and an entire arsenal of new flashy passes.
- Learning Defensive A.I.: Test your skills even further with new defensive AI that sees where the offense is being successful and adjusts strategy to take those advantages away.
- Block Improvements: The block system has been completely revamped for NBA 2K14 with improved ball targeting and awareness, more realistic physics, and more responsive control. All new player collisions, the ability to block dunks, and more appropriate shot contests make playing defense much more fun and rewarding.
- All New Ball Denial: No more getting stuck during off ball bumps and ball denial, allowing for complete freedom of control over your players away from the ball.
- Enhanced dribbler vs. on-ball defender contact: Defenders can now initiate steals, hard bumps, and charges out of defensive rides, making locking up players on defense a much more engaging experience.
- Expanded Defensive Commands: New commands using the right stick: including contesting shots, contesting passes, and denying or pressuring the ball.
Returning Features Include:
MyCAREER, The Association, The Association: Online, Training Camp, Season, Playoffs, Practice, NBA Blacktop, MyPLAYER Blacktop, Team Up