NBA 2K14 drops on October 1st, 2013 for XBOX 360 and PS3, mid-November for the next gen consoles.
Archive for the ‘2K Sports’ Category
Posted by Scott Johnson under 2K Sports, Basketball, NBA 2K, PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, Xbox One on Aug 28, 2013
Posted by Scott Johnson under 2K Sports, Basketball, NBA 2K, PS3, XBOX 360 on Aug 15, 2013
The 2K team released this list, highlighting all of the features in the upcoming NBA 2K14. Here we go:
- Crews: The single-most requested game mode is back! Face off against opposing crews online using your MyPLAYER. Create your logo and face off in 5v5 battles with other crews featuring leaderboards and stats. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only)
- Euroleague: Exclusive to NBA 2K14 – play with 14 of the top European teams, featuring authentic uniforms and players.
- Dynamic Living Rosters® powered by Stats, Inc.: Player attributes and tendencies automatically update daily to reflect true life hot and cold streaks. Now, each game played in the NBA can have an effect on your game.
- King James Soundtrack: Featuring artists and tracks hand-picked by LeBron James, including JAY Z, Eminem, The Black Keys, Daft Punk, and many more.
- MyTEAM: Back and better than ever, with new player modes, multi and single player tournaments, and much more. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only)
Key Gameplay Features:
- Pro Stick™: Throw down show-stopping moves, pull off intricate shots, and toss flashy no-look passes with deadly accuracy with Pro Stick control. Easily the most intuitive basketball controls ever implemented.
- 2K Smart Play Button: Quickly call the most suitable play for the context of the game by simply holding a single button.
- Improved Player Motion System: With an all new motion system, player movement is much smoother on both ends of the floor, while also allowing for much more explosive cuts and tighter control.
- Depth of Content: With significant upgrades in nearly every aspect of the game, both on and off the court, NBA 2K14 boasts more animation content than any previous basketball title, and includes more than 3000 new animations.
General Gameplay Improvements:
- Signature Skills: Six new Signature Skills, ensuring each NBA player’s unique abilities are represented in the most authentic way possible.
- Playbook and Play System enhancements: The deepest and most authentic playbook gets even deeper. Execute new half-court sets, experience improved spacing logic, and run updated team specific plays.
- More Signature Styles: New jump shots, dunk and layup packages, dribble moves, free throws, pre-game intros, getbacks, celebrations and more.
Offensive Control Improvements:
- Shot System Upgrades: More realistic footwork on jump shots, improved awareness in shot selection, and a variety of new shot types. Whether you use the new intuitive Pro Stick™ or the enhanced Smart Shot Button, attacking the rim is now more exciting than ever.
- Dribbling Advancements: Upgraded dribble movement and new branching technology give you much greater 1-to-1 control over the ball handler.
- Enhanced Passing: More accurate pass targeting, new give and go mechanics, better handoffs, and an entire arsenal of new flashy passes.
- Learning Defensive A.I.: Test your skills even further with new defensive AI that sees where the offense is being successful and adjusts strategy to take those advantages away.
- Block Improvements: The block system has been completely revamped for NBA 2K14 with improved ball targeting and awareness, more realistic physics, and more responsive control. All new player collisions, the ability to block dunks, and more appropriate shot contests make playing defense much more fun and rewarding.
- All New Ball Denial: No more getting stuck during off ball bumps and ball denial, allowing for complete freedom of control over your players away from the ball.
- Enhanced dribbler vs. on-ball defender contact: Defenders can now initiate steals, hard bumps, and charges out of defensive rides, making locking up players on defense a much more engaging experience.
- Expanded Defensive Commands: New commands using the right stick: including contesting shots, contesting passes, and denying or pressuring the ball.
Returning Features Include:
MyCAREER, The Association, The Association: Online, Training Camp, Season, Playoffs, Practice, NBA Blacktop, MyPLAYER Blacktop, Team Up
Posted by Scott Johnson under 2K Sports, Basketball, NBA 2K, PS3, XBOX 360 on Aug 14, 2013
Remember Crew Mode from the NBA 2K series? If not, it was a mode that allowed you to team up with other players online and create a team controlling only your player or an already existing player in the NBA. It was a great idea at the time, but there were way too many issues: the servers were consistently lagging, and there were plenty of glitches which made the experience frustrating.
Yesterday, the achievement list for the upcoming NBA 2K14 was released, and lo and behold this is one of the achievements:
Here’s hoping they can get it functioning properly this time.
UPDATE: Official vid from NBA 2K:
Posted by Scott Johnson under 2K Sports, Basketball, NBA 2K, PC, PS3, XBOX 360 on Aug 12, 2013
MkEliteWorksX somehow built Chris Bosh as a dinosaur in NBA 2K13, and the results are pretty damn amazing.
Posted by Scott Johnson under 2K Sports, Basketball, NBA 2K, PS3, XBOX 360 on Aug 06, 2013
We’re only 8 weeks away from the release of NBA 2K14, so 2K Sports is releasing pieces of info about their game. Today,they announced that dunks can be blocked, which is a feature that has been missing since the start of the franchise, frustrating gamers on and offline.
From their Facebook page:
NBA 2K14 is premiering a brand new blocked shot system! Get ready to reject those that come soft, including now the ability to block dunks! Make your mark defensively in NBA 2K14.
NBA 2K14 drops on October 1st.
Posted by Scott Johnson under 2K Sports, Basketball, NBA 2K, PS3, XBOX 360 on Aug 01, 2013
2K Sports just tweeted out this image of Anthony Davis rocking the new Pelicans jerseys in NBA 2K14. Your thoughts?
Posted by Scott Johnson under 2K Sports, Basketball, NBA 2K, PS3, XBOX 360 on Jul 26, 2013
Today 2K Sports revealed the soundtrack for the upcoming NBA 2K14. Cover athlete LeBron James controlled the direction of the soundtrack this season (doubtful), but let’s take a look at the full track listing.
- Big K.R.I.T. – “Cool 2 be Southern”
- Cris Cab – “Paradise (On Earth)”
- Coldplay – “Lost!”
- Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams), – “Get Lucky”
- Drake – “Started From The Bottom”
- Eminem – “Not Afraid”
- Fly Union – “Long Run”
- Gorillaz – “Clint Eastwood”
- Imagine Dragons – “Radioactive”
- Jadakiss (feat. Ayanna Irish) – “Can’t Stop Me”
- Jay Z – “The Ruler’s Back”
- John Legend (feat. Rick Ross) – “Who Do We Think We Are”
- Kanye West – “All Of The Lights”
- Kendrick Lamar – “Now Or Never”
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Ray Dalton) – “Can’t Hold Us”
- Nas (feat. Puff Daddy) – “Hate Me Now”
- Phil Collins – “In The Air Tonight”
- Robin Thicke (feat. Pharrell) – “Blurred Lines”
- The Black Keys – “Elevator”
- The Black Keys – “Howlin’ For You”