We’re only 8 weeks away from the release of NBA 2K14, so 2K Sports is releasing pieces of info about their game. Today,they announced that dunks can be blocked, which is a feature that has been missing since the start of the franchise, frustrating gamers on and offline.
From their Facebook page:
NBA 2K14 is premiering a brand new blocked shot system! Get ready to reject those that come soft, including now the ability to block dunks! Make your mark defensively in NBA 2K14.
NBA 2K14 drops on October 1st.
As EA Sports’ Madden franchise continues to compile the greatest players in the history of Madden, you can put Michael Vick on that list. Please note that this is in no way based on their real life on-field performance; the Madden 25 All-25 team is based only on their virtual play. If you played Madden 2004, you obviously can’t disagree with this announcement. The man was unstoppable, whether rushing or passing.
Also added to the All-25 team is John Madden (coach), Marshall Faulk (RB), Dwight Freeney & Julius Peppers (DE), Sean Taylor (FS), Deion Sanders & Champ Bailey (CB), and Devin Hester & Vinatieri on special teams.
2K Sports just tweeted out this image of Anthony Davis rocking the new Pelicans jerseys in NBA 2K14. Your thoughts?
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Madden franchise, John Madden will be back in the game to coach the Madden All-25 team, showcasing the talents of the greatest video game athletes at the height of their virtual careers. EA Sports will release the roster for the team in the coming weeks leading up to releases.
Today 2K Sports revealed the soundtrack for the upcoming NBA 2K14. Cover athlete LeBron James controlled the direction of the soundtrack this season (doubtful), but let’s take a look at the full track listing.
- Big K.R.I.T. – “Cool 2 be Southern”
- Cris Cab – “Paradise (On Earth)”
- Coldplay – “Lost!”
- Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams), – “Get Lucky”
- Drake – “Started From The Bottom”
- Eminem – “Not Afraid”
- Fly Union – “Long Run”
- Gorillaz – “Clint Eastwood”
- Imagine Dragons – “Radioactive”
- Jadakiss (feat. Ayanna Irish) – “Can’t Stop Me”
- Jay Z – “The Ruler’s Back”
- John Legend (feat. Rick Ross) – “Who Do We Think We Are”
- Kanye West – “All Of The Lights”
- Kendrick Lamar – “Now Or Never”
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Ray Dalton) – “Can’t Hold Us”
- Nas (feat. Puff Daddy) – “Hate Me Now”
- Phil Collins – “In The Air Tonight”
- Robin Thicke (feat. Pharrell) – “Blurred Lines”
- The Black Keys – “Elevator”
- The Black Keys – “Howlin’ For You”
EA Sports is back with another developer diary, this time explaining in full detail how the A.I. in the game has been improved. In this year’s game, you’ll be able to provide better puck support with a greater understanding of developing plays. You’ll be able to read plays better on both sides of the puck, and use smarter shooting analysis to spot scoring opportunities.
Here’s the full info from EA Sports:
- Player Facing: Players will do a much better job opening up for passes/shooting opportunities. You will notice that they will better position themselves to let their own team’s shots through, and get ready for deflections and/or resulting rebounds.
- Keeping the Puck In: Players are now more aware when they are close to the blueline and will take the extra care needed in ensuring they keep the puck in the offensive zone.
- Avoiding Offsides: Players will do a better job of adjusting their route to ensure they remain onside as the play enters the zone.
- Shooting Analysis: Smarter decision making based on where the goalie is and the situation. Affects the types of shots they take and the location of the shot. For example: If they see someone on their team driving the net on an odd-man rush, they’re more likely to shoot low at the pads to produce a rebound.
- Gap Control: Defenders will be more aware of the gap between themselves and the forwards as they breakout, progress through the neutral zone and into the defensive end. They will also make smarter decisions in selecting whether they should play loose or to tighten the gap by recognizing their opponent’s offensive ability versus their own defensive capabilities.
- Blueline Entry: A.I.defenders do a better job of recognizing the approach of an incoming offensive attack and will pick their moments to step up and lay a hit at the blueline, get a stick towards the puck or in the passing lane, or drop back into a more controlled gap. This will result in the need to read the defense when entering the zone and to vary the approach accordingly.
- Player Facing: A.I.defenders will do a better job of ensuring they’re facing the proper direction and are aware of where the puck is when covering point-men and forwards in front of the net.
Line Change Logic
- Players now have more awareness of the right time to change. They’ll do a better job of understanding the risks and rewards when determining whether they should come off or stay on for a critical situation, based on the opportunity vs. pressure and/or time of game.
- Power play logic has been improved to ensure that a team on the Power Play isn’t overly committed to attacking. This ensures that the PP team can still be defensive minded when they need to be.
Not gonna lie, I thought that this was going to be a bit more of a throwback to the classic game we grew up on 20 years ago… Seems as though they just added in some music, blue ice and stars underneath the players. Anyway, here’s a lengthy run-through of the NHL 94 mode in the upcoming NHL 14.