This week, we take a look at the top 50-rated players in the upcoming NHL 14 for XBOX 360 and PS3. As we get set for release date (September 10), EA Sports did us a solid and provided us with an exclusive look at the top rated players in this year’s game. Each day this week at 1:00pm, we’ll be releasing 10 names, starting from 50, and winding down to the top spot on Friday. Here we go:
50. Dan Girardi (NYR) – OVR 88
49. Jakub Voracek (PHI) – OVR 88
48. Max Pacioretty (MTL) – OVR 88
47. Dustin Byfuglien (WPG) – OVR 88
46. Drew Doughty (LAK) – OVR 88
45. Patrick Sharp (CHI) – OVR 88
44. Jamie Benn (DAL) – OVR 88
43. Ryan Getzlaf (ANA) – OVR 88
42. Jeff Carter (LAK) – OVR 88
41. Eric Staal (CAR) – OVR 88
Check back tomorrow at 1:00pm as we look through 40-31 of NHL 14’s top rated players. And while you’re at it, be sure to download the NHL 14 demo for your XBOX and PS3:
When my coworker first sent me this video, I assumed it would be some footage from back in the day of Mike Tyson playing his own video game. But it’s not. This is 2013. Enjoy, my friends.
With the release of EA Sports’ NCAA Football 14, gamers have their first opportunity to immerse themselves in the popular card collecting Ultimate Team mode with some of college football’s all-time greats. The inclusion of Ultimate Team mode in NCAA Football 14 allows college football fans to assemble a roster from over 1400 of the game’s greatest players.
Gamers can play against the CPU in solo challenges, or go head-to-head online in Seasons Mode. By collecting “coins”, players can help build their own powerhouse lineups, comprised of greats like Desmond Howard, Doug Flutie, and Eddie George.
ESPN and EA Sports asked fans to vote on the #UltimateTeam of the last 25 years, and the Nebraska Cornhuskers emerged victorious on the strength of their back-to-back National Championships of the 1990s. As a part of the celebration of the great Cornhuskers teams, Tommie Frazier has been included as a playable character in NCAA Football 14‘s Ultimate Team Mode. Frazier is best remembered for leading the 1994 and 1995 Cornhuskers teams to back-to-back National Championships. Frazier’s 75-yard run versus the Florida Gators in the 1996 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl is still considered one of the greatest plays in college football history.
EA Sports is giving away a Tommie Frazier card to anyone who logs into NCAA Football 14’s Ultimate Team mode from Friday, August 16 to Thursday, August 22. Frazier lent Franchise Mode a few minutes of his time to discuss all things NCAA Football 14.
Franchise Mode: How much of a role did you play in bringing Nebraska fans out to vote on EA Sports’ #UltimateTeam?
Tommie Frazier: I didn’t really have to play an active role in that because the fans of Nebraska are going to do what’s right. They were always going to go out and support their program and the University of Nebraska. I don’t think any former players had to do much lobbying. If you know the true passion of fans of the Nebraska football program, then you know that anytime they have a chance to go out and support the football program, then they’re going to do it.
Read the rest of this entry »
If you’re into the ever so popular FIFA Ultimate Team mode (on the XBOX 360), here’s some good news for you: soccer legends are coming to FUT. A full list will be announced later today (10am ET), but right now Freddie Ljunberg, Ruud Gullit and Dennis Bergkamp have been confirmed as addable players. Players will be randomly inserted into FUT Gold Packs starting at the launch of Xbox One. Watch the trailer above.
Update (11:30AM ET): Here’s the full list of FUT Legends making their appearance in FIFA 14:
|Frank de Boer
||Marco van Basten
||Edwin van der Sar
||Ruud van Nistelrooy
Here you go! FIFA 14 demo comes out on September 10th worldwide on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. Game is out on September 24th.
The NHL 14 demo releases today. As of 6:30AM ET this morning, it’s only available for XBOX Live Gold members. PS3 users will probably be able to access it later today. Here’s the link to queue up the download for XBOX users.
And some more info from EA Sports regarding features included in the demo:
- Play Now: Powered by a generation of EA SPORTS innovation, NHL 14 is hockey at its best. In the NHL 14 demo, players jump into the third period of a game and play as either the Boston Bruins or the Chicago Blackhawks to experience the speed, skill and aggression of the two teams from the 2013 Stanley Cup® Finals.
- NHL 94 Anniversary Mode: EA SPORTS celebrates the most iconic entry in the NHL franchise with the inclusion of NHL 94 Anniversary Mode. In the NHL 14 demo, players will have a chance to experience a heated third period between the Boston Bruins and the Chicago Blackhawks in the NHL 94 Anniversary Mode. Featuring big goals and even bigger hits, the mode offers nods to its hockey video gaming roots through classic button controls, a retro presentation style including blue ice, classic star-shaped player indicators, organ music and much more.
- Hockey Ultimate Team Tournament: Build, manage and compete in Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) to create a fantasy team without boundaries. HUT in NHL 14 introduces all new features including online seasons and an auction assistant. In the NHL 14 demo, take part in a mini tournament against the Halifax Mooseheads, Grand Rapids Griffins, Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks. When players complete their first HUT game in the demo, they will receive one free pack (equivalent value to Silver Pack). When players win the tournament, they will receive an additional free pack (equivalent value to Silver Pack). All free packs are for use in the retail version of NHL 14 only.
Some Madden 25 ratings got released, and while it’s only on the offensive side of the ball, we get to see who’s the best at their respective position. Here’s the full breakdown:
- Aaron Rodgers (98 OVR)
- Tom Brady (97 OVR)
- Peyton Manning (97 OVR)
- Drew Brees (96 ovr)
- Matt Ryan (94 ovr)
- Adrian Peterson (99 OVR)
- Marshawn Lynch (96 OVR)
- Arian Foster (95 OVR)
- Ray Rice (94 OVR)
- Jamaal Charles (94 OVR)
- Calvin Johnson Jr. (99 OVR)
- Rob Gronkowski (98 OVR)
- Andre Johnson (97 OVR)
- Jason Witten (96 OVR)
- Jimmy Graham (96 OVR)
- Evan Mathis (98 OVR)
- Joe Thomas (97 OVR)
- Marshal Yanda (97 OVR)
- Josh Sitton (96 OVR)
- Joe Staley (96 OVR)