Aaron Hill and Edwin Encarnacion both hit their first home runs of the season this afternoon in the first inning against John Danks and the Chicago White Sox. The secret to Encarnacion’s power surge was made obvious shortly afterwards. He used starting pitcher Ricky Romero’s bat.
Previous post Simile Sunday: Classic Literature Edition
- Arizona Dispatches – Q & A with Kris Bryant of the Chicago Cubs
- The Forgotten Ones
- Yankees Sign Jacoby Ellsbury for All Dollars in Perpetuity
- The Tigers Add a Hall of Famer. Wait, what?
- On Passing the Buck: A Transactional Roundup of Sorts
- Non-tender Deadline Reminder: Good Players Needn’t Worry
- Zack Greinke’s Big Decision
- Monday Morning Memo – Making Hay
- Why Picking Mike Mussina Over Tom Glavine is the Right Thing To Do
- Giving Thanks for the Hot Stove
- No Shortcuts Off the Mediocrity Treadmill
- Why the A’s Should Trade Yoenis Cespedes