With two out and runners on first and second, down 3-2 to the Boston Red Sox, Toronto Blue Jays shortstop John McDonald willed a bloop single to left field off closer Jonathan Papelbon, inspiring Edwin Encarnacion to round third base and meet catcher Jason Varitek, who was just receiving the ball from a throw by left fielder Darnell McDonald, at home plate, only to be called out when momentum, after colliding with Varitek’s plate block, helicoptered his right leg on top of home before the catcher actually made the tag (as seen in the picture above).
Posted by Dustin Parkes under General on Jul 05, 2011
- Seattle Makes Its Next Moves, Acquires Hart & Morrison
- Winter Meetings Day Two: Up All Night For Good Fun
- Moore: Jack Zduriencik Once Tried to Sell Me a House
- Arizona Acquires Big Bat, Seeks Injunction To End “Trumbo Slander”
- Is Matt Kemp Worth the Gamble?
- Winter Meetings Day One: Rumors and Innuendo
- Youth is But An Illusion As We All Slowly March Towards Death (Roy Halladay Retires Today)
- Monday Morning Memo – Meetings!
- Boston and New York Sign Key Veterans, Hate You and Your Children
- Robinson Cano Signs in Seattle. Seriously
- The Getting Blanked Podcast #187 – The Dunning–Kruger Stove
- Primary Sources – The Best Interests of the Game