Editorial Note: The latest information graphic from the talented Craig Robinson of Flip Flop Fly Ball shows us exactly what positions offer the most offensive production, and that pinch hitters are the worst that they’ve ever been. Also of interest, to me at least, is the steady decline of the third base position in terms of offense. If attractive graphs aren’t your thing, here is Craig’s collected data. [D.P.].
Posted by Craig Robinson under Flip Flop Fly Ball, Graphics on May 17, 2012
Previous post Adam Lind Optioned To Las Vegas
- MLB GIFs of the Week: That Stare Will Show ‘Em
- URL Weaver: Move Along, Just Motivational Tactics Here
- Video: Mike Trout Tears Fabric of Reality, Hits Tape-Measure Home Run
- The Getting Blanked Podcast #133: Parade of Superstars
- Fogging the Measure: Catcher Defense Ratings, May 2013 Edition
- Andrew McCutchen Talks Ballpark Food and Eggo Waffles with Anthony Bourdain
- Flip Flop Fly Ball: Diamonds Aren’t Forever – Five Base Baseball?
- Great Moments in Numerical Oddities: Mike Trout’s Zero Hour
- Report: Seattle Mariners to Send Jesus Montero to Triple-A
- Roto-Relevant Research: In-Season Injury Prediction
- URL Weaver: Have a Day, Jose
- Video: Miguel Cabrera is Both Lucky and Good