Time to start looking ahead to Week 8. Here are 10 injury situations to monitor:
1. Brett Favre (foot/ankle) didn’t practice today, but he refuses to rule himself out for this weekend’s game against New England. I have a strange feeling Favre will find a way to play Sunday.
2. Vince Young (knee/ankle) was a full participant in Titans’ practice Wednesday, and so it looks like he should be good to go against the Chargers Sunday. Fantasy owners should still tread carefully — San Diego has the top-ranked pass defence in football.
3. Darrelle Revis (hamstring) practiced fully for the Jets today. With a big game against Greg Jennings and the Packers Sunday, the Jets are lucky Revis was able to rest up during the bye.
4. It doesn’t look as though Reggie Bush (fibula) will be ready in time for the Saints’ Sunday night affair with Pittsburgh, and things aren’t looking good for Pierre Thomas (ankle) either. Bush and Thomas failed to practice Wednesday. Have fun against that Steelers defence, Chris Ivory.
5. The Chargers appear to be getting frustrated with Ryan Mathews. But the good news is that Mathews (ankle) practiced for the first time in three Wednesdays today. Antonio Gates (toe) was not able to practice today, but it’s highly likely that he suits up again Sunday. Regardless, Mathews and Gates are both less than 100 percent.
6. DeAngelo Williams (foot) missed Wednesday’s practice for Carolina. The Panthers have a very winnable game Sunday in St. Louis. The Rams have struggled against the run this season.
7. Max Hall (concussion) practiced fully for the Cardinals today. He might be good to start Sunday against Tampa Bay. But the way he plays, there’s no guarantee he’ll finish. Steve Breaston (knee) and Early Doucet (groin) were limited for Arizona. Both should play in Week 8.
8. The Lions are finally getting healthy on offence. Matthew Stafford (shoulder) looks as though he’ll make his second start of the season after practicing fully today, while Jahvid Best (toe) was able to practice on a limited basis. He has apparently taken some big strides recently.
9. The Colts won’t have Dallas Clark (obviously) or Austin Collie Monday night against Houston. But they might have Anthony Gonzalez. Gonzalez (ankle) hasn’t played since Week 1.
10. It’s looking like the Raiders won’t have their top wide receiver Sunday against the Seahawks. Louis Murphy has a bruised lung and is considered doubtful.