- Derek Anderson is busy apologizing for his post-game tirade Monday night and trying not to get on Youtube again, but Rodney Harrison isn’t buying it. The outspoken NBC analyst said there are no circumstances that call for laughter when your team is getting spanked.
- Sometimes all we get when players are mic’d during a game is a bunch of grunting, some ass slapping, and maybe a few insults of opposing mothers. But by a stroke of good luck, Andre Johnson was mic’d during his melee with Cortland Finnegan this past Sunday. Our very own Buzz feed spotted the intriguing sequence, which was first posted by The Big Lead:
- The hype this weekend is centred around the marquee, primetime divisional matchups of New England hosting the Jets on Monday Night Football, and Pittsburgh visiting Baltimore on Sunday night. Lost in all of this is another key divisional game in what has become the toughest division in football. The upstart Buccaneers play the NFC South leading Falcons, an if Atlanta wants to fend off the Bucs, they’ll need to keep Josh Freeman in the pocket.
- Hines Ward is an inspiration for us all…
I feel very uplifted. In a post that includes the photographic evidence of Ward’s ladies man alter ego, Jeff Pearlman applauds the Steelers wide receiver for being blunt about the NFL’s hypocrisy towards player safety.
- A suspension is the only punishment that will slow James Harrison down and make him realize that he is indeed a dirty player, writes Mike Florio.
- Josh McDaniels has much bigger concerns than Todd Haley‘s distaste for handshakes during this Sunday’s re-match of Denver and Kansas City. Like, say, his job. Both coaches are brushing off the incident.
- I know this is the first time you’ve ever heard this, but Brett Favre says he’s done, he’s done. It’s a little easier to believe him this time too, and I definitely know you’ve never heard that before.
- Eli Manning could be getting one of his main targets back this week, as Steve Smith practiced for the second straight day.