The collective bargaining agreement expires in 29 hours. Here’s what went down on the last full day of meetings before a work stoppage strikes the National Football League:
- Mediation continues tomorrow, and maybe even tonight (we’re still waiting to find out what federal mediator George Cohen wants to do).
- The owners met privately this afternoon, but no lockout vote was taken. But the executive committee has the power to make a decision on their own.
- NFL spokesman Greg Aeillo: “There were no decisions, no actions were taken.”
- Commissioner Roger Goodell will not address the media tonight.
- SI’s Don Banks feels as though the union will move to decertify tomorrow.
- It seems as though “everybody knows” a lockout is happening.