We’re somewhat busy tracking the continual flow of updates stemming from one of the most important meetings in NFL history, which is taking place right now in Washington, DC. But with teams and players aware that they may only have a few hours left to make moves, moves are being made. Here’s a quick look at some Thursday afternoon headlines:
- Jeremy Shockey appears to be headed to Carolina. Here’s what he wrote on his Facebook page: “Looks like I’m signing with Carolina. Time for the Next chapter. This is a great opportunity for me, and I am excited to play football. Lets hope we all have the chance to play this season.”
- In addition to signing Owen Daniels to a four-year, $22-million contract extension, the Texans have re-signed running back Derrick Ward. Ward also broke the news using social media. Here’s what he wrote on his Twitter page: “Ive re signed with the Houston Texans! Thank you to all my Family Friends and Fans wont let u down! Indy or Bust! #Feb2012onlythingonmymind!”
- After being free for about 24 hours, A.J. Hawk is a Packer again. What does that mean for Nick Barnett?
- The Saints have made it official with kicker Garrett Hartley.
- Everyone’s been criticizing the Raiders for working to retain pretty much everybody except Nnamdi Asomugha. Wrong! They’re also parting with Robert Gallery.
- Shortly before being released by the Cardinals, Matt Leinart privately ripped the team … while wired for sound.