Here at GLS, we try to do everything we can to make your computer smile. We’re generally happy, fun people, and we spend our weekends watching Seinfeld re-runs (I bet you’ve never noticed a Seinfeld reference here…) and playing Risk. So logically, the best way to spread joy and cap off your weekend is to provide some depressing lockout links. Cheers!
- Art Rooney didn’t like the players’ negotiating tactics during mediation, saying DeMaurice Smith and his posse “ never really used the process to get a deal done.”
- There’s clearly a strong possibility the Panthers will use their first overall pick in the draft to select a highly-touted quarterback like Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert. But for now, Matt Moore remains the most experienced QB on their roster, and a prolonged work stoppage could help him stay in Carolina.
- Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt gave his perspective on the lockout to Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star, comments that were analyzed by Arrowhead Pride.
- Ken Meringlo of Hogs Haven has started a daily lockout diary. Godspeed, Ken, you’re a brave man.
- While some teams may struggle to keep their financial heads above water during the lockout, TotalPackers.com says Green Bay will be just fine.
- Earlier today we told you how serious teams are about coaches not having any contact with players during the lockout. That’s going to make life a little interesting for Kevin and Bruce Matthews.
- JetsTwit has exactly what you’d expect from a blog named JetsTwit: social media reaction from both current and former Jets players to the lockout.