We’re still alive, which is something a lot of people can’t say after a wild Week 1 in terms of survivor pools. Those who thought they had sure things in Cleveland and Kansas City were screwed by the Bengals and Bills. But the Cardinals survived a strong effort from Carolina and got us to Week 2.
The best part: We’ll likely never want/need to use Arizona again anyway.
Let’s take a look at Week 2′s biggest faves:
- Steelers over Seahawks: Pittsburgh is a 14-point favorite at home.
- Packers over Panthers: Green Bay is a 10-point favorite on the road.
- Jets over Jaguars: New York is a 9-point favorite at home.
- Lions over Chiefs: Detroit is an 8-point favorite at home.
And here’s a look at who’s playing the worst teams in the league (based on our Week 2 power rankings):
- Colts over No. 32 Browns: Indy is actually an underdog at home. Verrrry risky.
- No. 28 Broncos over No. 31 Bengals: Denver is a 3.5-point fave at home.
- Steelers over No.30 Seahawks: Pittsburgh is also the week’s biggest fave.
- Packers over No. 29 Panthers: And Green Bay is the second-biggest fave.
- Cowboys over No. 27 49ers: In San Fran, this is a dangerous play.
- Redskins over No.26 Cardinals: Washington is a 3.5-point fave at home.
The way I see it, we either burn one of last year’s Super Bowl teams or gamble on the Redskins. It would be quite bold to pick against the very team that we chose as our top lock last week. It’s tempting, but a little too risky for us. You probably can’t go wrong with either the Steelers or the Packers, but Cam Newton is a wild card and Green Bay is on the road.
Plus, Seattle has lost eight straight games in the Eastern time zone.
This week’s pick: Pittsburgh over Seattle.