Oh man, it would’ve been farrrr too close for comfort had we gone with Washington last week, but all three of our top picks — Redskins, Steelers, Packers — won, so we’re still alive, and if you’ve been following us, so are you.
Our picks thus far:
Week 1: Cardinals over Panthers
Week 2: Steelers over Seahawks
Once again, we’ll consider the top favorites as well as the teams lucky enough to draw the league’s worst teams.
Week 3′s biggest faves:
- Chargers over Chiefs: San Diego is a 14.5-point favorite at home.
- Steelers over Colts: Pittsburgh is a 10.5-point favorite but we’ve already used them.
- Patriots over Bills: New England is an 8.5-point favorite on the road.
Here’s who plays the league’s worst teams (based on our latest power rankings):
- Chargers over No. 32 Chiefs: Obvious, but I’d rather not use San Diego this early.
- Steelers over No. 31 Colts: Not usable.
- Cardinals over No. 30 Seahawks: Seattle’s good at home, so this divisional matchup is way too dangerous.
- Dolphins over No. 29 Browns: Cleveland is actually favored at home.
- 49ers over No. 28 Bengals: Cincinnati is also favored at home. Jeez.
- Jaguars over No. 27 Panthers: Carolina is also favored at home. This is ridiculous. Not picking Blaine Gabbert.
I’m not confident in the Patriots on the road against a spunky Buffalo team, so if you don’t have San Diego or Pittsburgh available you could be in real trouble this week. Ten of the 16 games have spreads that are four points or less. I hate burning the Chargers this early, but they’re the only reasonable option in this spot.
This week’s pick: San Diego over Kansas City.