The latest on the NFL injury front:
2. A lot going on in New England. Aaron Hernandez is still out and Albert Haynesworth is back on the sideline. But Logan Mankins is back, and Patrick Chung will be ready if needed. The Raiders are in much better shape for Sunday’s game. Hell, Darren McFadden is running around like a kid in a meadow!
5. There’s a good chance the Packers will be without offensive starters Bryan Bulaga and Ryan Grant against Denver. On the bright side, they’re playing Denver.
6. Frank Gore and Michael Crabtree were limited again for San Francisco. Neither would be smart fantasy plays.
7. No Kerry Collins still for the Colts, so look for Curtis Painter to start in prime time against the Buccaneers.
8. Antonio Gates is almost definitely out for San Diego, but now there’s uncertainty surrounding fellow starters Ryan Mathews, Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd and Quentin Jammer. The Chargers host Miami this weekend in a game that could be closer than many assume.
9. Beanie Wells says he’ll be ready for the Giants.
10. The Giants might not have Justin Tuck for that game, but Osi Umenyiora could be back to take his place.