Seven injury updates from around the league on this Wednesday evening:
2. Ben Roethlisberger is in a boot and out of practice, but he’s still confident he’ll play Sunday against Tennessee. And while Rashard Mendenhall remains out of practice, the team thinks he might be able to suit up Thursday.
3. Despite looking like a severely disabled old man while attempting to workout prior to Sunday’s game in Baltimore, Nick Mangold is already practicing again for the Jets. He think things are “looking good” for this weekend’s game in New England.
4. Meanwhile, the Pats are still without Aaron Hernandez, Jerod Mayo, Danny Woodhead, Albert Haynesworth, Julian Edelman and Sebastian Vollmer.
5. With Kerry Collins still dealing with a concussion, it’s likely the Colts will have an excuse to start Curtis Painter against Kansas City. But there’s a good chance the third-year quarterback won’t have starting left tackle Anthony Castonzo for his second career start.
6. Malcom Floyd and Ryan Mathews are practicing for San Diego, but Antonio Gates and Vincent Jackson aren’t. There’s a good chance Gates doesn’t play (again) and there’s a good chance Jackson isn’t 100 percent.
7. NFC teams have injuries, too. That’s it for Danny Amendola’s season.