With three days before they kick off Week 5, here’s the latest on what’s ailing impact players around the league.
1. Ben Roethlisberger is back at practice and, barring a setback, will start against Tennessee Sunday. Still, expect him to lack mobility, which is quite a big part of his game. Oh, and still no Rashard Mendenhall for the Steelers, which means you should watch for Isaac Redman.
2. Huge news for the Pats: Aaron Hernandez was back at practice today. Albert Haynesworth, too.
3. A scary leg injury won’t keep Donald Driver down. The Packers receiver was back at practice today.
5. Curtis Painter will probably be without his starting left tackle for “at least a few weeks.” That’s assuming Painter survives one week without Anthony Castonzo.
6. Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates still aren’t practicing for San Diego. We expect Jackson to play; no one expects Gates to play. The Chargers take on Denver Sunday.
7. Antoine Winfield has a muscle strain in his neck. There’s a chance he practices Friday, but if he doesn’t he’ll be a game-time decision. Kevin Kolb could have a nice day against the Vikes’ sans their top corner.
8. For what it’s worth, Dez Bryant says he’s 85 percent going into Dallas’ bye.