He really is. Gary Kubiak says so. But still don’t expect Johnson to play in Week 6. Andddd the Ravens are smiling. A few other injury updates from around the league…
- Bruce Arians says Rashard Mendenhall is “ready to go,” adding that “everything will be back to normal.”
- Don’t count on LeGarrette Blount this week. He’ll be doubtful for the Saints game, according to Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times. And he could be out even longer than that.
- Yesterday we passed on news that Joseph Addai’s hamstring injury was a day-to-day sort of thing. That’s still the case, as Addai missed practice again on Thursday. Addai believes he’s a long shot for Week 6.
- BenJarvus Green-Ellis has been a pleasant surprise for the Pats this year, but Green-Ellis took a step backwards by failing to practice for New England Thursday. Keep a close eye.
- Oh and in non-running back news, no Percy Harvin or Antoine Winfield in Minnesota. They’ll at least buy a little time by playing on Sunday night in Chicago.
- Also benefiting from more time this week is Nick Mangold, who hasn’t practiced yet but doesn’t have to be ready until Monday night.
- Good news for the Raiders, bad news for the Browns. Rolando McClain is practicing again in Oakland.