Last week, because it was Week 6 and we were eliminated, I gave folks my top six survivor picks. And what do ya know? All six won. So let’s try that same strategy with our top seven picks.
Looking at Week 7′s biggest favorites:
- Saints over Colts: New Orleans is a 14-point fave at home.
- Cowboys over Rams: Dallas is a 12.5-point fave at home.
- Packers over Vikings: Green Bay is a 9-point fave on the road.
- Ravens over Jaguars: Baltimore is a 7.5-point fave on the road.
And who’s facing the worst teams in the league, according to our latest power rankings:
- Cowboys over No. 32 Rams: The St. Louis secondary stands little chance against a healthy Dallas passing attack.
- Packers over No. 31 Vikings: Christian Ponder makes his debut.
- No. 27 Dolphins over No. 30 Broncos: Miami isn’t reliable, especially at home.
- Ravens over No. 29 Jaguars: I’m a little leery of Baltimore against bad teams. Jacksonville hung with Pittsburgh.
- Saints over No. 28 Colts: Indy will win eventually, but it won’t be in New Orleans.
- Steelers over No. 25 Cardinals: Pittsburgh is a 3.5-point fave on the road.
- Raiders over No. 24 Chiefs: Oakland is a 4-point fave at home.
Based on that, here are my top seven survivor picks for Week 7:
1. Packers: There’s simply no way Green Bay loses. It’s the only true lock of the week.
2. Saints: I could see Indy sticking around early, but the Saints will be hungry.
3. Cowboys: Dallas should have no problems at all.
4. Ravens: An aggressive defense should take care of Blaine Gabbert and control Maurice Jones-Drew.
5. Steelers: A little risky on the road after a lackluster performance against Jacksonville.
6. Chargers: Rather than go with the winless Dolphins against unpredictable Tim Tebow, I’d use the rested Bolts against the Jets on a short week.
7. Raiders: Risky against a division rival coming off a bye, but I don’t trust Miami, Tennessee or anyone in the toss-up games that remain.