Fifteen important injury updates from around the league:
2. Other notes from that Detroit-Denver game: Both teams will likely be down starting running backs with Jahvid Best out for the Lions and Willis McGahee doubtful for the Broncos. Elvis Dumervil isn’t practicing for Denver, either.
3. Andre Johnson is suddenly making a quick recovery. He’s practicing again, and the team is calling him a game-time decision against Jacksonville.
4. Not only does it look as though the Bills will be without Kyle Williams against the Redskins Sunday, but it’s beginning to look as though Williams could be out long term. If that’s the case, an already-weak run defense will be in serious trouble. The Bills will also continue to be without starting left tackle Demetrius Bell.
5. Don’t expect the Rams to send Sam Bradford onto the field against the Saints. Not with that wonky ankle.
6. Tarvaris Jackson‘s status remains up in the air for Seattle’s matchup with Cincinnati.
7. Beanie Wells was limited in Arizona’s practice today. Tomorrow will be a big day for him if he wants to start against Baltimore. Then again, does he?
8. Hines Ward still hasn’t practiced this week for the Steelers. If he sits out tomorrow, Emmanuel Sanders gets a boost against New England. But the Steelers will continue to wait for the return of James Harrison.
9. Big news for Christian Ponder: Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin returned to practice Thursday after sitting out Wednesday.
10. Braylon Edwards is back. Is he ready to bust out?
11. The bye came in handy in Philadelphia. The Eagles are expecting to have Jason Peters back at left tackle.
12. And in New York. Justin Tuck looks ready to make his return to the Giants lineup.
13. Boost Pierre Thomas’ stock and put Darren Sproles in your lineup, because Mark Ingram still isn’t practicing for the Saints.
14. No word on Joseph Addai yet.
15. Setback in Cleveland: Peyton Hillis sat out practice today after taking part on Wednesday. Keep an eye out.