If you were planning to start Sam Bradford this week in fantasy, we have some bad news. But if you were planning to start Bradford you probably gave up about six weeks ago anyway.
1. Yep, Bradford will officially miss his second straight game, giving us our second A.J. Feeley sighting.
2. Mark Ingram also became a Friday formality, with the Saints officially ruling him out due to a heel injury. The tandem of Darren Sproles and Pierre Thomas will have a nice, leisurely Sunday afternoon jog against the league’s worst run defense, and Chris Ivory may also receive some goal-line touches fresh off the PUP list.
4. Beanie Wells is still a game-time decision, but optimism seems to be growing a little regarding his status.
6. Joseph Addai is listed as questionable despite being a full participant in practice today for the first time this week. He pulled the same stunt a week ago, and then aggravated the injury in the first quarter of Indy’s Week 7 debacle.
7. Dolphins running back Daniel Thomas has also made a habit of being listed as questionable and still playing, and it’s looking like that pattern will continue.
8. Peyton Hillis was held out of practice again on Friday. Somewhere, John Madden just unleashed a wickedly evil cackle.
9. Antonio Gates didn’t practice today either, but please remain calm and continue normal breathing. Malcom Floyd was also running around and looking like a reasonably healthy football player today, which is certainly a good sign for the Chargers since they have an extra day off prior to Monday night’s game against Kansas City. But running back Mike Tolbert still sat out and he wasn’t even able to work out on his own, making Ryan Mathews a mighty fine fantasy play.
10. It’s now highly unlikely that we’ll see Hines Ward on a football field this weekend.