If you’re wearing a Peyton Hillis jersey in downtown Cleveland right now, for the love of god get the hell out of downtown Cleveland. Oh, and take the Hillis jersey off. Everyone in Ohio hates him, especially after another trip to the trainer’s room today.
Hillis leads the list of hobbled running backs, but the outlook for Ahmad Bradshaw isn’t promising either.
2. It’s looking like the Giants will be playing without two key pieces of their offense against the Patriots, with Hakeem Nicks and Ahmad Bradshaw officially listed as doubtful. Bradshaw needs to improve drastically just to reach game-time decision status, while Nicks was at least riding a stationary bike Friday at practice.
3. In other depressing Giants news, Jason Pierre-Paul–the defensive end who has 8.5 sacks in his first season as a starter–is experiencing headaches and is considered questionable after suffering a possible concussion during practice Thursday.
4. The official statuses for some key defensive players involved in the rivalry game between Pittsburgh and Baltimore are out, and it’s mostly good news. James Harrison progressed well throughout the week and is probable along with Haloti Ngata, while LaMarr Woodley is doubtful.
6. Sam Bradford practiced today and will head into the weekend listed as questionable. He has a chance to play after missing St. Louis’ last two games.
7. Andre Johnson will miss his fifth straight game, which increases the likelihood that he’ll be held out again next week Prior the Houston’s Week 11 bye.
8. If you put some bizarre futures bet on Darren McFadden’s ability to stay healthy for the rest of his career and need him to miss at least one game every year, go have a few brews tonight. That’s looking like pretty easy money.
9. Mark Ingram has joined the ranks of the ruled out too.
10. Kevin Kolb is still limping heavily and is officially listed as doubtful after missing his third straight practice. We’ll likely get a John Skelton sighting, which could potentially lead to an intense quarterback duel between Skelton and A.J. Feeley if Bradford can’t suit up. Only the most obsessed gamblers should be watching the Cards/Saints game.
11. Felix Jones is still out for the Cowboys, and middle linebacker Sean Lee is doubtful.
12. And we finish with our daily list of injured Chargers players. Mike Tolbert and Curtis Brinkley practiced fully and will likely carry the load against Green bay after Ryan Mathews missed practice all week with a groin injury. Vincent Jackson received a day off earlier in the week to rest his hamstring and is fine now after being a full participant today, but Malcom Floyd is still struggling with a hip issue.