Nothing says hump day like another batch of NFL injuries, and an uncertain playing status this week for Tim Tebow’s favorite sidekick.
1. Don’t say anything, but Willis McGahee‘s resurgence has greatly contributed to Tebow’s success. The problem with McGahee is that his aging body can’t stay healthy, and that problem surfaced again today when he missed practice due to an apparent knee injury. McGahee has missed one game this year and he’s been severely slowed in others, and the severity of this latest ailment is unclear. With Knowshon Moreno done for the year, the Broncos would turn to Lance Ball if McGahee can’t play.
2. McGahee was seen limping near the end of the Broncos’ Week 13 win over Minnesota, an injury that’s likely lingered. Wide receiver Eddie Royal and offensive lineman Ryan Clady also missed practice today, but it wasn’t all bad news for Denver. Von Miller returned for a full workout after being limited with his thumb injury last Friday in practice and then missing his first game.
3. Michael Vick used basketball as a form of rehab after missing three weeks with a rib injury. He was a full participant in practice today, and barring a major setback he’s expected to return and face the Dolphins in Week 14. Jeremy Maclin, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and Nnamdi Asomugha also practiced for the Eagles.
4. Whoa, we’ve had a Dallas Clark sighting. The Indianapolis tight end practiced for the first time since fracturing his fibula on Nov. 6.
5. Mark Ingram has 134 rushing yards and two touchdowns over his past two games, and he seemed to be rolling as the running back who’s leading the platoon in New Orleans. Now he may have hit another speed bump after being held out of practice today due to a turf toe injury, although he’s still optimistic that he’ll play this weekend against Tennessee.
7. Filed under important but unsurprising, Andre Johnson didn’t practice today, and he’ll be a game-time decision.
8. Lions rookie defensive lineman Nick Fairley knows that practicing while wearing a protective boot is difficult, which is why he wisely didn’t practice today. Running back Kevin Smith also sat out after playing injured during Detroit’s loss last week to New Orleans and showing a burst at times, but he eventually had to leave early. The bruises in the Motor City continue, as cornerback Chris Houston also watched practice while nursing a knee injury.