This doesn’t happen often, but naively last night I underestimated the power of the Internet. I assumed that all the Lauren Tannehill ogling had faded after ESPN basically made a one-hour documentary on her back in November while her then fiancee quarterback was losing a tough game to rival Texas.
I was wrong. Very, very wrong.
Sure, she’s easy to look at, but hot football WAGs aren’t exactly a new phenomenon, and indeed there are corners of the Interwebs dedicated to documenting their existence. But put a girl in a red dress and then put her beside a quarterback, and you have instant Internet infatuation.
Soon she’ll just be another hot football wife, and even more sadly, just another hot blond girl in South Beach. But if she’s smart, she’ll use this wave to boost her modeling career.
Or she can just keep being the best cardiologist ever.
And now you want to know the rest of the story…
- The Browns told Colt McCoy that they wouldn’t draft a quarterback in the first round. Oops. [PFT]
- Predictably, the McCoy trade talk has already started, and GM Paul Heckert didn’t exactly gun down the notion that the quarterback could be trade bait over the next two days. In fact, it wouldn’t be surprising to see McCoy change teams tonight. [Cleveland Plain-Dealer]
- David DeCastro was pegged by many as a top 15 pick, and was widely expected to come off the board at No. 11 when the Chiefs were on the clock. Yet somehow he fell into the Steelers’ lap at No. 24. [Total Steelers]
- How the Morris Claiborne trade went down in Dallas. [Calvin Watkins]
- More than a few heads turned when the Seahawks selected Bruce Irvin at No. 15 after trading down. They viewed him as the best defensive end in the draft, and it’s hard to argue with his 22.5 sacks over two seasons at West Virginia. [Seattle Times]
- Four months ago, Adrian Peterson tore apart his ACL and had reconstructive surgery on his left knee. Now he’s beating his teammates in wind sprints. [ESPN 1500]
- Mickey Loomis repeatedly denied that he listened to the play calls of opposing coaches, and expressed his disappointment that the Saints have been cast as the evil empire this offseason. [New Orleans Times Picayune]
- Brandon Merriweather is an idiot. [Hogs Haven]