Probable, questionable and doubtful. Of the three words most mentioned in weekly injury reports, the latter is the one you really don’t want to see. Greg Jennings owners should have a replacement for the Green Bay wide receiver ready.
After managing five receptions for 34 yards, Jennings was pulled in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s game due to a groin injury. Today, Packers beat writer Tyler Dunne stated Jennings is doubtful for tomorrow night’s game against the Bears along with Davon House and James Starks.
Jennings’ owners pain is the gain of those with Jordy Nelson, James Jones and Randall Cobb on their team.
Maintenance days for Megatron, Nicks and Foster
Getting destroyed physically every seven days requires plenty of rest during the week, so don’t fret. Nicks’ foot injury didn’t flare up last Wednesday and the WR indicated he’ll be at practice tomorrow. Though Jim Schwartz wouldn’t say why Calvin Johnson was absent from Lions practice today, rotoworld believes it’s nothing serious. Arian Foster left practice today because he wasn’t feeling well.
Rashad Jennings could play on Sunday
Jennings’ MRI didn’t show significant damage to his knee according to Jaguars head coach Mike Mularkey. It’s not a given the RB will miss Sunday’s game against the Texans, but with another week of practice under MJD’s belt, Jennings has been one of the most widely dropped players this week and shouldn’t be much of an option for fantasy owners.
Steve Smith limited in practice
Wearing a knee brace is never a good sign. Unfortunately for the Panthers, Steve Smith was wearing one today after being limited in practice according to beat reporter Joe Person. This could mean another big week is in store for Brandon LaFell.
Look out, here comes more hurt….
- Stewart returns to Panthers practice. [Joe Person]
- And so did Shane Vereen, though after Steven Ridley’s great performance on Sunday, Vereen will likely see spot duty at best when the Pats take on the Cardinals at Foxboro. [ESPN Boston]
- Denarius Moore participated in Raiders practice on Wednesday. [Paul Gutierrez]
- Stephen Hill was limited during Jets practice, though the rookie wideout participated in positional drills and should play Sunday against the Steelers. [Rotoworld]
- Chuck Pagano says Austin Collie has been medically cleared for Sunday’s contest against the Vikings and will be a “full go” – interesting terminology. [Rotoworld]