We’re starting to get down to the wire when it comes to choosing our fantasy lineups for the week. One game has already transpired, and if your team happened to have Jay Cutler, then you really need all of the points you can possibly get this weekend.
Fantasy owners of Chargers’ running back Ryan Mathews (injured clavicle), might be better served to keep him glued to their bench, since he was limited in practice today and is listed as questionable for San Diego’s game against Tennessee on Sunday.
Don’t let Mathews’ tantalizing upside (1,091 yards rushing in 14 games last year) cloud your judgement. Even if he does get a couple of touches this week, how will his body respond to his first real violent collision? This is especially concerning when you consider that he still hasn’t taken any hard hits yet in practice.
Look out, here comes more hurt…
- Hakeem Nicks (foot)- Head coach Tom Coughlin expects the Giants’ wide receiver to suit up on Sunday against the Buccaneers, despite Nicks being listed as questionable. [Art Stapleton]
- Darrelle Revis (concussion)- The Jets’ cornerback will miss Week 2 because of a concussion he suffered in last week’s win over the Bills. [The Score]
- Austin Collie (concussion)- Collie did not practice today, and is doubtful for the Colts matchup with the Vikings on Sunday. Concussions are such a volatile injury, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he continued to sit out for the next few weeks. [Philip Wilson]
- DeSean Jackson (hamstring) and Jeremy Maclin (hip)- Both Eagles’ wide receivers are being called game time decisions for Philly’s date with Baltimore on Sunday. Head coach Andy Reid expects both men to play, which is good news for Michael Vick, who was in danger of not having either of his top receivers. [Rotowire]
- Dwight Freeney (ankle)- The Colts’ defensive lineman’s high ankle sprain will keep him out of the line-up this weekend. [Indianapolis Star]
- Denarius Moore (hamstring)- The Raiders wide receiver will most likely play, but probably in a limited role during Sunday’s tilt with the Dolphins. Moore may see increased looks if he finds his groove early, and could be a great risk/reward pick in deeper fantasy leagues. [Rotoworld]
- Pierre Garcon (foot)- A badly bruised right foot could keep the Redskins’ wide receiver out of the line-up on Sunday, but that’s probably not going to happen. His availability will come down to his pain tolerance, so expect Garcon to play against the Rams (because drugs?). [Washington Examiner]