Chicago Bears’ running back Matt Forte’s ankle injury continues to be an enigma that will confound fantasy football owners until the end of time. Well, maybe not until the end of time, but Mr. Forte’s wonky ankle will continue to be the subject of speculation until the team officially announces what exactly is wrong with it.
We only know that he doesn’t have a high ankle sprain, and that there’s no time table set for his return.
Oh yeah, we also know that he’s not going to play this week.
If you haven’t already hand-cuffed Michael Bush to Forte, you’re going to need a contingency plan, and since it’s Friday, the free agent pool has most likely been picked clean. Now before you decide to pay a visit to your local suicide booth, I’m going to offer you an alternative.
Might I suggest the Rams’ Daryl Richardson?
Richardson, who replaced Steven Jackson admirably last week (rushing for 84 yards), is only owned in 5.9 % of ESPN leagues and 21% of Yahoo leagues. Since Jackson is questionable again this week, (more on that below) Richardson may be your best bet if you’re desperate for a running back.
Look out, here comes more hurt…
- Marques Colston (foot)- Colston was limited again today in practice and has been listed as questionable for Sunday’s game against Kansas City. As Sean mentioned yesterday, Colston has underperformed this year (probably due to nagging injuries), so start him at your own risk. [Mike Triplett]
- Pierre Garcon (foot)- Garcon has been listed as doubtful, and it looks like he won’t play again this week. If you can, stop reading this right now and pick up Leonard Hankerson, who had 68 yards and a touchdown last week, and should get a lot of looks from RG3 in the absence of Garcon. [Rich Campbell]
- Greg Jennings (Groin)- The Greg Jennings groin watch continues (sounds pretty perverse doesn’t it?). Jennings was limited in practice today, and it wouldn’t be a surprise if he missed Monday’s game against the Seahawks. [Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel]
- Steven Jackson (groin)- Oh joy, I get to talk about a grown man’s groin problems again. Jackson didn’t practice again today and will probably be a game-time decision on Sunday against Chicago, although any absence during a Friday practice is often only a few notches short of a death blow. Remember that Daryl Richardson advice I gave you earlier? That advice also applies here too. [Ram's twitter]
- Austin Collie (concussion)- Collie, who took part in three full practices this week, will have to wait for a doctor’s approval before he can play in the Colts’ game against the Jaguars on Sunday. You won’t have to wait long to find out Collie’s fate, because he’s meeting with a doctor tomorrow. [Rotoworld]