A trio of Steelers are poised to make their return this Sunday when Pittsburgh hosts their state rivals from Philadelphia.
According to ESPN, the Steelers plan to ease running back Rashard Mendenhall (knee) into the lineup this week. The key word here is “ease”, and this terrifying word should scare fantasy owners away from starting Mendenhall on Sunday. If you have any other options, you should wait to see how he does this week before you start making him a staple of your starting lineup.
James Harrison & Troy Polamalu
Owners of the Pittsburgh Steelers’ defense will be crying tears of joy this weekend because they’ll see the return of linebacker James Harrison and safety Troy Polamalu.
Polamalu hasn’t played since injuring his calf during the Steelers week one loss to the Broncos and Harrison will be making his season debut after having off-season surgery on his left knee.
This turn of events will also cause Michael Vick owners to squirt a few tears of their own, tears of sadness and dread.
Look out, here comes more hurt…
- Dustin Keller (hamstring)- Owners of the Texans defense or any of their top defenders in IDP leagues are screaming with delight. First, there’s Santonio Holmes’ absence combined with the natural awfulness of Mark Sanchez. And now after missing practice again Friday, Sanchez’s primary tight end who had 815 receiving yards last year will likely miss his fourth straight game. [Rich Cimini]
- Stephen Hill (hamstring)- Oh yeah, this too. A healthy Hill would havestepped up to replace Holmes. But alas, healthy Jets are a rare, elusive creature in these trying times. With Hill likely out while dealing with a hamstring injury of his own, Jeremy Kerley and Chaz Schilens will be Sanchez’s main targets. Ugh. [Newark Star-Ledger]
- Kenny Britt (ankle)- The Titans’ WR missed his third straight practice this week and will be a game-time decision for Sunday’s game against the Vikings. Honestly, Britt is being held together using elastic bands, Elmer’s glue, and dollar store gauze. Keep him on your bench. [Terry McCormick]
- Lance Moore (hamstring)- Moore will not play this week, so if he’s on your fantasy team, you should be combing the free agent list to find a suitable replacement. Oliver Macklem suggests picking up the Chargers’ Eddie Royal. [Mike Triplett]
- Danny Amendola (clavicle)- The Rams’ breakout WR will miss at least six weeks because of a “sternoclavicular joint separation”. Sounds fun. [ESPN]