Jimmy Graham’s leaping ability sets him apart. Doctors I contacted informed me the ‘ankle’ plays a large role in jumping.
Unfortunately, Graham’s ankle injury held him out of practice today. Considering JG had a week to rest – the Saints were on their bye week – his absence from practice doesn’t bode well for Sunday’s divisional clash with Tampa Bay.
Via rotoworld, interim head coach Aaron Kromer said Graham looked good doing work on the side. Hedge your bets – Coby Fleener and Lance Kendricks are options in case of emergency.
Update: Adam Schefter reports it’s uncertain whether Graham will be active on Sunday.
Greg Jennings on track to miss third straight game
Jennings missed practice again today. Packers beat writer Tyler Dunne argues the team should rest Jennings until the WR is fully healthy. Jennings has said he won’t return until he’s 100%. With the options they have it’s a clear choice. Jump on the James Jones bandwagon while you still can.
Richardson is pain free
#browns Trent Richardson (ribs): “in my mind I’m ready for Sunday. I’ll be ready to play whole game.”‘will wear flak or some padding.
— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) October 17, 2012
Richardson faces an Indianapolis defense that got destroyed by Shonn Greene last week. Play T-Rich with confidence, he’s in for a big day.
Brandon Lloyd is feelin’ fine
The Patriots WR was brought down hard on his shoulder in the fourth quarter last week. WEEI’s Christopher Price reports Lloyd said he was fine and should be able to play when New England hosts the Jets on Sunday. As his targets grow, Llyod remains a breakout candidate. Brandon Bolden missed practice while Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez were limited.
Look out, here comes more hurt…
- Pierre Garcon (foot): The Redskins WR is not sure when he’ll return to the lineup.[John Keim]
- Dustin Keller and Stephen Hill (Hamstring): Though both were limited in practice today, it’s highly likely both will play on Sunday. [ESPN NY]
- Jon Beason (Knee): Beason was held out of practice today after a knee injury flared up on Monday. When healthy, Beason is a phenomenal player – when healthy being the key words. [Steve Reed]
- Lance Moore (Hamstring): The Saints WR is good to go after two weeks of recovery. [Larry Holder]
- Johnathan Joseph (groin): Joseph missed practice today and will also miss tomorrow’s. According to the Texans official twitter account, the CB will be an end of week decision. As Rotoworld notes, Joseph has struggled while playing hurt. Anquan Boldin/Torrey Smith owners could be in for a big day. [Rotoworld]