- Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli moved quickly to clear the air after rumours surfaced that Marc Savard could miss the entire 2010-11 season with post-concussion syndrome. Chiarelli admitted that Savard is under the care of team doctors and that he is indeed struggling with symptoms related to post-concussion syndrome, but that any reports of him missing the upcoming season are inaccurate.
- The New York Islanders signed 5th overall pick Nino Niederreiter to a 3-year entry level contract. He is still eligible to play junior again this season with the WHL’s Portland WinterHawks, and could very likely be returned to the club following NHL training camp.
- Capitals Outsider runs down a comprehensive list of how Capitals bloggers spent their summer, although they suggest that Mike Green was ‘shafted’ at the NHL Awards… c’mon, really?
- Nashville may be just the NHL outpost that Sergei Kostitsyn needs to deliver on some of that potential. The Predators are “intrigued” by his potential, and former OHL teammate Patrick Kane has found Kostitsyn’s rocky transition to the show to be “mind-boggling”:
“It is kind of mind-boggling to me,” Kane said. “I know what a great player he is and what a great talent he can be, and I thought back in the OHL he was probably the best player in our league at the time.”
- Joe Pavelski teamed with the Sharks Foundation and Good Tidings Foundation to build a new street hockey court at a local elementary school in San Jose. Year-round street hockey in the Bay Area, woooooo!
- Paint It Blackhawks discuss a range of possibilities that the Blackhawks are facing with the task of re-signing Brent Seabrook. How does a 4-year deal with around $4.5 annually sound?
Al Iafrate, Pitchman