- Fanhouse has listed their choices for the five worst Glen Sather signings. Scott Gomez is listed, although Chris Drury gets a pass here.
- Luke DeCock of the Charlotte Observer states his case that fighting in the NHL is unnecessary. I can’t help but think it’s got something to do with the Hurricanes lack of a true brute, anyway… (yawn).
- By now you’ve probably caught wind of Mike Peca’s glowing disapproval for the Calgary Flames’ Jay Bouwmeester as a top defensemen. Here’s the clip from some other Canadian sports network in case you missed it:
The Calgary Sun has Bouwmeester’s rebuttal, including this quote:
“I don’t care. If he wants to say that, that’s fine. He’s not playing any more, so I don’t care… I’ll probably have a different opinion of the guy that said it. Those guys on TV are what they are… At the end of the day, if you’re listening to those guys, you’re in big trouble.”
- The Montreal Gazette has a decent story on the work Phoenix Coyotes perennial prospect Kyle Turris has done to elevate his game and get stronger. This year could really be the year for Turris.
- Alexei Kovalev, of all people, dropped the mitts with the Maple Leafs’ Francois Beauchemin last night in a pre-season game. Kovalev narrowly avoided execution, it’s nonetheless bizarre, though. He had a great sense of humour about the incident following the game: