Martin Biron has always been conscious of his goalie masks and gear. He may not get the starting nod much anymore, but he always looks good when it’s his turn to play. Biron spoke with The Score for a feature in our ongoing ‘Face Paint’ series; the Rangers netminder shows off his new mask which is actually a bit of an homage to his time with the Rochester Americans of the AHL. Keep your eyes peeled for a quick preview of Biron’s third jersey mask, which pays tribute to Gilles Gratton’s revolutionary mask.
- Onward and upward: Thanks for everything from Backhand Shelf
- 5 reasons the Montreal Canadiens swept the Tampa Bay Lightning
- Why antagonists like Matt Cooke aren’t going anywhere soon
- How the Wild scored in OT to win Game 3, and what went wrong for the Avs
- The Chicago Blackhawks, David Backes, and why on-ice chirping from players is so frequent
- Supplementary discipline in the playoffs needs to improve
- Why calling off Tampa Bay’s goal in the second period was the right call
- How much are playoff tickets around the league?
- Systems Analyst: Tampa’s tough reads, and how Dale Weise found himself alone in front in overtime
- Why Sidney Crosby and the Penguins need to avoid engaging the Blue Jackets after whistles
- The 2013-14 NHL Awards: A transparent look at one voter’s ballot
- Predicting the outcomes of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals