Tampa Bay’s Mike Smith talks goalie masks with TheScore.com, and we learn that Smith takes a lot of pride in design. “Smitty” seems like a great guy to have a beer with or talk masks with while casting fishing line… but you sure as shit wouldn’t want him between the pipes when the game’s on the line. From his X-Men inspired current grill to his Saw themed mask, Mike Smith recalls several of his personal favourites.
Previous post The Dump and Chase -12/03/2010
- Onward and upward: Thanks for everything from Backhand Shelf
- 5 reasons the Montreal Canadiens swept the Tampa Bay Lightning
- Why antagonists like Matt Cooke aren’t going anywhere soon
- How the Wild scored in OT to win Game 3, and what went wrong for the Avs
- The Chicago Blackhawks, David Backes, and why on-ice chirping from players is so frequent
- Supplementary discipline in the playoffs needs to improve
- Why calling off Tampa Bay’s goal in the second period was the right call
- How much are playoff tickets around the league?
- Systems Analyst: Tampa’s tough reads, and how Dale Weise found himself alone in front in overtime
- Why Sidney Crosby and the Penguins need to avoid engaging the Blue Jackets after whistles
- The 2013-14 NHL Awards: A transparent look at one voter’s ballot
- Predicting the outcomes of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals