We all owe Minnesota Wild defenceman Clayton Stoner a serious tip of the hat, because with his oddball goal tonight against New jersey, he’s given us five things.
- One of the strangest first career goals you’ll ever see.
- One of the strangest game-winning goals you’ll ever see.
- Another microcosm of the Devils’ dreadful season.
- Another reason to laugh at Ilya Kovalchuk (a KovaLOLchuk moment), as if you needed more. Stoner’s innocent dump-in deflected off of Kovalchuk’s stick and into the glass before bouncing towards a wide-open net.
- The chance to work Stoner’s name into bad jokes about illegal drugs for one night (stay in school, kids).